EDK 8.2.01i:Spartan3E BSB Problem...

Hi all.

Now I'm using EDK 8.2.01i and I want to generate again a project for my software development. For my goal is important use SPI Flash, but NOW with the new EDK version (before I used EDK 8.1) for SPARTAN 3E Starter Kit Board no more is possible use SPI flash !!! I saw effectively problems, that is necessary set bitgen configuration using -g unusedpin to pullnone... Perhaps Xilinx find trouble and bugs and so SPI flash has been disabled ?

Thank in advance for any answers.

Al.

Reply to
Alfmyk

Alfmyk schrieb:

software development. For my goal is important use SPI Flash, but NOW with the new EDK version (before I used EDK 8.1) for SPARTAN 3E Starter Kit Board no more is possible use SPI flash !!! I saw effectively problems, that is necessary set bitgen configuration using -g unusedpin to pullnone... Perhaps Xilinx find trouble and bugs and so SPI flash has been disabled ?

SPI is still in the XBD for 8.2 but what type of problem did you have? if the BSB cant add SPI peripheral add it manually or copy from old design

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Hi Antti.

Yes, you are right: I could add SPI a part without BSB or use an older design... Anyway we found a conflict contention on SPI Bus caused by Intel Strata Flash. It happen also without add Intel Flash itself on design.

So I supposed Xilinx has disabled SPI adding on BSB due to this problem... I suppose... But I/m not sure.

Anyway have no sense I have to add to bitgen configuration (bitgen.ut) this line:

-g UnusedPin:Pullnone

to get a good SPI flash functioning.

Cheers,

Al.

Reply to
Alfmyk

Alfmyk schrieb:

design... Anyway we found a conflict contention on SPI Bus caused by Intel Strata Flash. It happen also without add Intel Flash itself on design.

suppose... But I/m not sure.

line:

ah, there is no contention if proper design is used!

you have to have PULLUP on unused pin do DESELECT the parallel flash, default is PULLDOWN, so the parallel flash gets selected even when not needed if you arent using the parallel flash then add external ports to disable it wire them to net_vcc and verify the UCF that should take care of it

antti

Reply to
Antti

Hi Antti.

Thank you very much. I didi project to hardware designers and they fix problem due to contention with Intel Strata Flash.

Bye, Alfmyk.

Reply to
Alfmyk