Problem with UART EDK 9.2.02i

Helo! I'm using a newest ver. of ISE and EDK (with all SP) on Linux Ubuntu (last relese), and I expirience a problem with UART. I've created two identical basic projects, one using 9.1 (on Windows) and the other using 9.2. (on Linux). Projects contains MB processor with UART lite only (uart is set as stdin/out), and TestApp_Memory generated application. The project created on Win (EDK 9.1) is working properly (i recive a simple message on HyperTerminal), but this one built on Linux (EDK 9.2) isn't (rs-232 terminal is empty). So I decided to check if the programming file (download.bit) from one system will work on the another. Using iMPACT, I programmed the device on Linux with file generated on Win., and on Win. using file from Linux. What was happend? Device programmed on Linux (EDK9.2) is working, and this one programmend on Win.(EDK9.1) isn't. So I'm confused, for me it looks like EDK9.2 is not generating proper programming file. Any sugestion?

ps. Board is EDK S3E Starter Kit Sorry for my English :)

Best regards Peter.

Reply to
piotr.nowak21

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com schrieb:

Hi Peter,

you must have missed something. I am using ISE/EDK9.2 on Linux. The Uart Lite is doing fine. Try to import the EDK project from Win (ISE 9.1) into your Linux (ISE 9.2) and see what happens.

-Markus

Reply to
Markus

Hi, thanks for answer.

That is defently possible, because I'm a EDK newbe. So this is my discription of what I'm doing:

- first i'm using a BSB wizard to create a project with this options: - board: S3E Starter Kit - MB@50MHz, 8KB mem, H/W Debug component - IO interfaces: onlu UART Lite - with Configure Memory Test Application option - everythig else is default

- next is "Generate Netlist"

- "Generate Bitstream"

- "Generate Libraries and BSPs"

- "Update Bitstream"

- and last is "Download Bitstream"

Reply to
piotr.nowak21

I did it and it's working, so where is the catch? There is 2 major defferences between 9.1 and 9.2:

- new ver. of MB (7)

- UART is using PLB instead of OPB so, maybe PLB is not properly implemented.

Reply to
piotr.nowak21

Finaly I have found what is wrong. In BSB "Configure IO interfaces" menu, there are two RS232 interfaces: DTE and DCE. In EDK 9.1 first one one the list is DCE but in 9.2 the first is DTE. Every time I was creating project I used the first RS232 interface on the list. I connected my board with PC through the DCE port, so that's why everything was fine on 9.1 and wrong on 9.2.

Peter.

Reply to
piotr.nowak21