PCI Core compatibility

Hello i would like to know if anyone is familiar with any pci vendor core? I have 2 PCI core working on specific motherboards but not on both. I can't tell up to now what is the problem. The first core works on Elitegroup K7 motherboards. The second core works on motherboard with pentium 4, and as i have said earlier those core doesn't work on both motherboard.

is this a pci core design problem or its has something to do with the motherboard?

Thx.

ps.

Reply to
water7

full PCI compliance isnt so easy, some PCI cores that seem to work on one system or even one slot of one system may fail on other system or even other slot of the same system.

most likely due to small issues with timing. if you are seeing this then it eventually calls for long trouble-shooting

Antti

Reply to
Antti

i guess so, it is on core or in the motherboard, bec. i have both my pci board on pentium 3 pc?just not on both amd duron and p4 pc.. one pci board i bought it, other one i made it myself, i have found that the 'PAR' signal is disconnected from the FPGA in the pci i bought, which works on pentium-4 pc... can this be a reason for it not to work on elitegroup mainboad(with amd duron)?

but it could be timing problems as you say... also when i tried to test my PCI core on the motherboard that it doesn't work, i can't detect the 'FRAME#' and 'IRDY#' signal, i use external signal analyzer to check this... why is that so?

-water7

Ayon kay Antti:

Reply to
water7

one more thing to add, i tested my pci card on its working motherboard via 4-led display, and for every state it covers one led lights up, so from CONFIG_WRITE, CONFIG_READ, IO_READ/MEM_READ/MEM_WRITE it will all light up sequencially, and it did happen.

But when i put it on the motherboard that it doenst work, not even one led light up, which mean non of the PCI States was covered except reset. (this is a follow up to my post that i tell that with this type of motherboard i can't detect even the FRAME# and IRDY# signal) .

Ayon kay water7:

Reply to
water7