ML310 + Linux (elf file ) + bit file

Hi.. Has anyone been able to download their own bitfile (other than ..ml310_pci_bootloop.bit) and run linux (by downloading the elf file ) using xmd...

What I did in generating my bit file is opened up EDK and then added up my own core (an OPB core indeed ) changed the settings in Software Platform to include linux_mvl31 for ppc405_0 and set the parameters in Library / OS parameters ..Then I generated the libraries...Then I obtained the download.bit file (which includes a bootloop indeed )..I downloaded the bit file using iMPACT on to the ML

310 and then downloaded the linux kernel Image elf file using XMD ..but I dont find any change on the serial port terminal.....

So If anyone had success in doing this stuff then please help me out guys.....

Thanks in advance........

-- Parag Beeraka

Reply to
beeraka

Parag,

I think that you took a giant leap in your learning process and it didn't quite work right. Trying to debug the problem from this point would be a very lengthy process. I would suggest that you start out with the shipped design files first and go through the "Creating a Linux BSP and System Image" tutorial first.

After you have this flow understood and working, then go ahead and build your new system.

Ed

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Ed McGettigan

Hi.. I got the thing working ..I added my own core to the Xilinx example , set the address ranges and it worked fine ...Many many thanks for the reply..

-- Parag Beeraka

Reply to
beeraka