DDR_controller_EDK

I want to use the MCH OPB DDR controller (mch_opb_ddr) provided in EDK, to connect a DDR memory module to a custom processor design, which does not support the OPB (On-chip Peripheral Bus). I' going to implement the design in a Virtex-II Pro device (XUP board) Are there any modifications that I have to do to the controller produced by the EDK in order to attach it to my design? Is this usage possible, or the controller can only be attached to a Microblaze processor?

Reply to
Logaras Evangelos

connect a DDR memory module to a custom processor design, which does not support the OPB (On-chip Peripheral Bus). I' going to implement the design in a Virtex-II Pro device (XUP board) Are there any modifications that I have to do to the controller produced by the EDK in order to attach it to my design? Is this usage possible, or the controller can only be attached to a Microblaze processor?

Apart from removing the OPB interface and writing your own custom interface, you wouldn't have to do anything.

/Siva

Reply to
Siva Velusamy

Logaras, I recommend you to use the new Multi Port Memory Controller (MPMC2) if you can afford (substantial logic consumption). This way you gain maximum preformance, reconfigurability (GUI core configuration to all possible Xilinx supported busses) and a simple user bus - NPI. This way I think you will get the best solution.

Cheers

Guru