Peripheral connected to multiple OPB buses

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to design a peripheral (for Microblaze) in EDK 7.1 which is connected to more than one OPB bus. If yes, how can this be done ?

Thanx in advance ....

SAVS.

Reply to
savs

you should be able to design a edk ip core with 2 opb slave ports, this should be connecatable to 2 different opb busses but then all the arbitration is to be done in your ip core.

antti

Reply to
Antti

Hi, I am new to EDK, so kindly bear with me. How do I design such a edk ip core ? I mean if I use the 'Add/Import Peripheral Wizard' then there is no option to make the peripheral a slave on two OPB buses....what I plan to design is a shared memory system with two microblaze cores....for that i need a controller which is connected to the OPB buses of the processors and also to the external memory via an OPB bus.

Thanx again.... SAVS

Reply to
savs

Hi, When you create the core with EDK, the IP core is a slave by default. Make sure you also connect it to the OPB Bus after you create the core.

Thanks, Parag

Reply to
beeraka

Never tried it, but I think you should create both OPB buses with differente preffixes (i.e. OPB1 and OPB2) and then add two lines to MPD file:

BUS_INTERFACE BUS = SOPB1, BUS_STD = OPB, BUS_TYPE = SLAVE BUS_INTERFACE BUS = SOPB2, BUS_STD = OPB, BUS_TYPE = SLAVE

But I never tried it!

Zara

Reply to
Zara

Hi SAVS,

Why do you actually need two busses? That is pretty difficult task for a beginner. For a start find out how to add a second bus to your design. Then I suggest you build a peripheral that connects to a single OPB bus (without the Create/Import peripheral wizard). Then serach for a way to connect to bus no 2.

Reply to
Guru

Thanx Zara ..... this thing worked !! the peripheral is now connected to two opb buses now.... though along with the mpd file corresponding ports for the 2nd bus have to be added in the vhdl modules too ......

Reply to
savs

Ah, yes! Of course!

I should rememeber to make answers less succint, more detailed. Sometimes I feel I express like Tarzan ;-)

I'll try to improve my communication abilities.

Best regards,

zara

Reply to
Zara