ML310 xirtex II pro development board: HOW TO WRITE onto the DDR DIMM?

Hi,

I am trying to work with ML310 virtex II pro development board and I have pretty much stuck with the basic stuff, Can someone please tell me:

1- How many way one can load an image into the DDR DIMM? is this correct that all accesses to the external memory (the DDR DIMM) have to go through the PPC? if not, what are my options?

2- Ideally I would like to read the images from a camera and store them onto the ddr dimm, what's the best way to do that?

I greatly appreciate any help, thanks, viki

Reply to
ViKi

Hi, You can load the DDR with whatever u want by just specifying the address of the DDR which is nothing but 0x00000000 So u can just say

addr = 0x0000000;

*addr = 0x01;

So this loads "1" to 0x0000000 address location..But if ur Hardware has to access the DDR then u need to be a Bus Master (so that u can grab control of the bus and do whatever u want )...and for this u need not go through PPC... So I guess this answers ur question

-- Parag Beeraka

Reply to
beeraka