software application on the virtex-ii pro

Hi All,

I have Linux up running for PPC on the virtex-ii pro board (XUPV2P). I'm new to embedded system design. Anyhow, I'm hoping to run software applications on the board. I'm familiar with adding software to the standalone system using EDK. But with an OS on it, what modifications do I need to make before the executables (.elf) can be run? Is there any reference? Thanks plenty.

-Eric

Reply to
Eric

Eric in :

shouldn't static binaries run without any modifications? when building the application, the link step should specify the `-static' flag.

clemens

Reply to
clemens fischer

To compile and run applications on top of Linux for Virtex-II Pro and Virtex-4 based boards you have two options:

  1. Cross-compile the application on your host. For that you need a cross-development environment which you probably already have since you compiled the kernel.
  2. Natively use the PPC in the FPGA to compile your target application from within Linux.

Personally, I believe that the second option is the easier (but slower) way to go.

- Peter

Eric wrote:

Reply to
Peter Ryser