Linux VHDL Simulator

Hi all,

I'm working with ISE 6.3 under Windows right now, I'd like to use it under Linux but I'm holding back because MXE will not work under Linux. Any solutions? I will be using Suse 9.3 (when it's released). From the simulator, I only need the ability to simulate my design with a testbench, I don't need TCL, etc. My design uses placed LUTs and FFs, no synthesized logic.

I did look in the usual places like Freshmeat etc but I'm overwhelmed by the number of choices.

Thanks!

-Jim

Reply to
Jim George

You should check out Google archives of comp.lang.vhdl. It has been discussed there several times. In short, free alternatives:

- GHDL

- Savant

- FreeHDL Savant and GHDL are probably best, FreeHDL was missing quite many features when I last time looked (granted, quite a long time ago).

Simili from SymphonyEDA is free, as in no cost. Also many expensive commercial simulators are available for Linux, I'm quite sure ModelSim is. Use Google to find them.

Reply to
Tuukka Toivonen