RocketIO simulation w ISE6.2iSP3 and VCS-7.1.1 under Linux

I have a RocketIO simulation environment including a working testbench running using ISE 4.2iSP2, VCS 5.1 under Solaris 5.1. However, this is a slow and outdated machine and I'm trying to migrate it to a newer environment, namely ISE 62iSP3, VCS 7.1.1 under Linux. But even though the sources are exactly the same the simulation does not work. The TXN/TXP outputs from the GT_CUSTOM_IO module are X.

Are there any known issues with the combination above?

There seem to be an error in the documentation regarding the LMC_HOME variable. In our distribution of ISE 6.2i SP3 we have the following PDF file:

$XIL setenv LMC_HOME ${XILINX}/verilog/smartmodel/sol/image

However, there is no such directory. There is a directory ${XILINX}/smartmodel/sol/image but the example in $XILINX/smartmodel/sol/simulation/vcs/setup suggests the following:

setenv LMC_HOME $XILINX/smartmodel/sol/installed_sol

Which is different from page 202 of sim.pdf. This is confusing. Answer record 18852 (which is for VCS 6.1/5.2/5.1) suggests the latter so this is most likely correct, which is what I have used in my simulation (replaced "sol" with "lin" under Linux).

Petter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Could anybody here confirm that the combination VCS 7.1.1 and the RocketIO swift model in ISE 6.2i SP3 under Linux or Solaris 9 actually works?

Petter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?