WebPack_7.1 on Linux ?

Hi all,

Xilinx claimed that their WebPack_ISE run under RHEL. Is anybody successfully install it on common Linux distro ?

Many thanks, Habib betula.fr

Reply to
habib bouaziz-viallet

Yes, I have it running on both a recent SuSE and on Debian GNU/Linux unstable. I mostly use the command line, but the graphical stuff seems to work as well.

There are some tricks to install it correctly; search this newsgroup for them.

IIRC, you have to set DISPLAY=":0" (and not ":0.0") because of some braindeadness somewhere in WindU. Also, you might need to install libXm.so.3, maybe from Lesstif.

Also, if your box has a IPv6 address configured for localhost, coregen might have problems talking to the ISE shell, since ISE listens on the IPv4 address but coregen tries to connect to the IPv6 address, or something. I charge this braindeadness to the IPv6 design.

Reply to
Marius Vollmer