Limitations of Quartus II V3.0 Web

Hi guys,

I'm trying to simulate a block-based design with Altera's Quartus II V3.0 Web version, however I cannot seem to simulate beyond 100ns irrespective of what end points I set for the default and for the current project.

I've also tried editing the vector waveform file timing parameters after generation and Quartus disregards these and ends the simualtion at 100ns. It seems far too controlled to be a bug so I can only assume its a limitation of the free version. Can anyone confirm this?

If it is a limitation of the free version are there any *reliable* third party simulators for reasonable money? I'm sitting on my hands as far as this project goes until I resolve this.

Kindest regards, Chris Bailes (Design Engineer, Studio Systems Electronics LTD).

Reply to
Chris

"Chris" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

I not yet tried version 3, but the past free version does'nt have such restrictions. However 100 ns is the default limit, but I can change it as I want.

Reply to
Valeria Dal Monte

Remember that you need to adjust the end time and THEN create the vectors with a longer end time otherwise the simulator will think it has no more vectors to simulate and will finish.

That said, the Quartus simulator is painful in comparison with some of the $$$ products.

Reply to
Paul Baxter

Hi Chris,

There is no limit on the Simulation End Time in Quartus II 3.0 Web Edition product. Please make sure you do the following:

  1. Open the waveform editor on your channel and use the Edit->End Time command to set the end time correctly.
  2. Use the Assignment->Settings command and then choose Simulator Settings->Time/Vectors. Set the Simulation Period to Run Simulation until all vector stimuli are used.

- Subroto Datta Altera Corp.

Reply to
Subroto Datta

Hi , is there a detailed list of the differences between the free web Quartus and the paid version ... I have not been able to find this ... it seems it must be available since Altera wants to sell the full version ... thanks for any help ... CB

Reply to
CB