Error please Help

Hi Mates I am getting following errors when I start simulating my design.

Delta count overflow - stopped. Try to increase the iterations limit in simulator preferences. # Fatal error occurred during simulation.

How to remove this error ?

Thanking you in advance .

Isaac

Reply to
Isaac

If you're using ModelSim, you can change the iteration limit from the Simuluation Options window. You can also change it in modelsim.ini file.

Jim Wu snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Jim Wu

This is usually caused by an error in the original VHDL that results in an infinite loop which consumes zero simulation time. Raising the maximum delta limit is fairly pointless, since you probably have an infinite loop...

The usual error is a process with neither a sensitivity list nor a wait statement eg: process begin if (Reset = '1') then sig

Reply to
Ian Poole

The given process will never stop executing but it will NOT generate the delta count overflow. (In the example the tool probably raised a warning missing wait statement during compilation/analyzing).

A simple example that generates delta count is the following CONCURRENT statement: y

Reply to
Egbert Molenkamp

delta

For Modelsim, even a not very big loop would cause the problem as the default limit is 5000.