ISE 9.2SP4 error

ERROR:HDLParsers - Cannot reanme dependency database for library "work", file is "xst/work/hdpdeps.ref". Temporary database file "C:\ \prj\fpga\s3ask\uart_bypass\xst\work\xil_284_5" will remain. System error message is: No such file or directory

any idea or solution? hopefully the solution isnt ISE 10.1

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Problem issue tracked down.

ISE 9.2SP4 is recognized AS VIRUS, so disabling antti-virus software will let the HDL parser to pass without errors.

Why and how has xilinx managed to create software that triggers virus on alert on task "HDL parse" ???

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Those virus checkers tend to shoot from the hip.

Reply to
sky465nm

If Xilinx would do REAL BETA testing, it could still be possible to prevent that SP3->SP4 update causes the anti-virus alerts come!!

Antti

Reply to
Antti

there are not so many virus scanners actually, and yes this test could be done.

and yes, maybe i need another anti-virus thing ;)

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Should Xilinx check all their software with all the virus checkers available? False alarms like that are the fault of the virus checkers, and are a good example of how useless most windows "security" software really is (hint - if your desktop anti-virus software finds something during on-access scanning, you've done something badly wrong).

Reply to
David Brown

My favorite is linux ;)

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

when the day comes, when

*) ALL FPGA vendors see Linux as PRIMARY O/S *) ALL JTAG and ISP cable vendors support linux as PRIMARY O/S

I would say it too. but I have to wait :(

Antti

Reply to
Antti

That depends on whether you count different versions - there are lots of people using whatever version of whatever software came with their machines, without updating beyond their initial "free" year. I expect that most FPGA developers are going to be a bit more careful than that, however. But even if Xilinx tests against every available anti-virus at the moment, they can't do anything about the shoddy testing done by anti-virus vendors when tomorrow's signature file calls Xilinx software a virus. Considering how often they manage to mark critical windows system files as viruses, resulting in unbootable computers, I have little respect for their testing methods.

No, you need *no* anti-virus thing on a desktop computer. Your email should be scanned by servers before your desktop sees it, you should be protected from worms and crackers by a hardware firewall (not a paper firewall running on windows), and you should stick to a browser and email client that won't run ActiveX and won't run programs without your explicit permission (i.e., anything but IE for browsing, and anything but OE or O for email). Beyond that - use your common sense and judgement about where you wander on the net, and what attachments you open.

Follow those rules, and you can live a carefree, virus-free life even with windows. No more slow virus checkers crippling your file system performance, no more irritating "firewall" popups asking if you really want to run the program you've just started, no more windows updates blocking you out of your computer and causing havoc with previously working applications.

Reply to
David Brown

Why wait for *everything* to work on Linux? *Everything* doesn't work on any operating system, including Windows.

*Most* things I need to do work fine on Linux, in fact, generally better than they work on Windows, so I mostly use Linux. For the few things that don't work on Linux, I use Windows (usually in VMware).
Reply to
Eric Smith

Probable, the antivirus cries out of a heuristic analysis. Try relaxing it. I recommend avira free or payed versions, they also have false triggering (I have doen two programs that trigger it!), but at least you have full control.

Best regards,

Zara

Reply to
Zara