ISE : Linux - coregen, compxlib errors

Hi

I have installed ISE 8.2i on a AMD64 Linux machine running Ubuntu 7.04. ISE works fine, and Ican generate cores, HDL simulation libraries, etc from within ISE. But, my problem is the tools do not work standalone, on the command line.

E.g. running compxlib gives an error stating "error while loading shared libraries: libPersonalityModule.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" And, coregen gives the error "error while loading shared libraries: libPortability.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

How do I solve this? thanks ~ashwin

Reply to
ashwin

That's typically a sign that your environment variables aren't set up. Did you source the config script before trying to run the program?

I use a wrapper shell script to do that. Edit for your tool locations. I put it in ~/bin/xil91, and invoke it like:

xil91 ise # for ISE project navigator xil91 impact xil91 fpga_editor xil91 xps # for EDK Platform Studio xil91 analyzer.sh # for ChipScope analyzer

etc.

#!/bin/bash rel=91 sixtyfour=64 # leave empty for 32-bit export CHIPSCOPE=/usr/local/xilinx/chipscope${rel}

# Following is to use the third-party driver instead of the Jungo # windrvr:

export LD_PRELOAD=$HOME/src/usb-driver/libusbdriver.so

. /usr/local/xilinx/ise${rel}/settings.sh . /usr/local/xilinx/edk${rel}/settings.sh export PATH=$CHIPSCOPE/bin/lin${sixtyfour}:$PATH prog=$1 shift $prog $*

Reply to
Eric Smith