how to implement Fast Fourier Transform on virtex pro

I am a student and a novicee for FFT... can any one tell me how to start with implementing Fast Fourier Transform on xilinx virtex pro. i know there xilinx core generator which can do... but i want to do it for floating point.... any help for this starter... would be highly appreciated... i am getting lots of info, but there is nothing that is convincing me... IF any one can tell me the steps how to atleast start with this project thanks in Advance Peace

Reply to
aj

Start at the algorithm level. look at the math that has to be done, and then figure out what the digital circuit to do that math should look like, then finally tailor that circuit to the FPGA's resources. Even at the algorithm level, there are many ways to do the fft, some are better suited to a hardware implementation than others.

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930     Fax 401/884-7950

                                          -Benjamin Franklin, 1759
Reply to
Ray Andraka

Maybe, you could tell us what are the characteristics of your FFT

-clock frequenc

-FFT siz

-Input Data size and format(signed or unsigned

-Coefficient size and format

I know Techway distribute FFT QinetiQ I

:

Regard