Fast Fourier Transform

Hi,

At school we have a project and our subject is to make a simple spectrum analyser. Now I want to know if it would be possible to perform a realtime FFT with an FPGA/CPLD (if possible in Xilinx). And if it is possible, where I can find/download the source and which chip is best to use.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Sander Odekerken

Reply to
Sander Odekerken

--Ray Andraka, P.E. President, the Andraka Consulting Group, Inc.

401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950 email snipped-for-privacy@andraka.com

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Reply to
Ray Andraka