Installing FPGA Advantage on Linux machine

Does anyone know the process of installing FPGA Adv on Linux based system? Does FPGA Adv be have Linux support or not? I have to install modelsim and leonardo spectrum on linux machine separately as well. please suggest if anybody has already done the process. Regards, Fahad

Reply to
fad

Don't know, but emacs vhdl-mode does and is much more useful. And free.

Modelsim runs well an linux, but requires a floating license. Leo has no linux support. Precision does, but requires a new license.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

Hi Fahad,

Yes but only if you have a floating license and Modelsim SE/LE in your bundle. Spectrum is not supported under Linux but Precision is. HDL Designer works OKish under Linux but you might have to tweak the fonts to make it looks nicer. Also installing P&R tools is still a bit of a hit and miss, if you have Redhat WS 3.0 (or WhiteBox/CentOS 3.5) you should be OK.

Hans

Hans

Thank you Hans, Mike for these helping suggestions. I have already got FPGA ADv installed on WIndows machine but want to move Linux. I am a bit apprehensive because this move is gonna cost me alot of time unto things get smooth. I have Msim SE in my bundle. And have nodelock license (put in server), to which rest of systems on network pick the license. We have 5 licenses. Still looking for suggestions, Regards,

Reply to
fad