pci ml310 board

Hello, I am using xilinx ml310 board. Now I want to use networking feature on the board and hence I have to enable the "ENABLE PCI" option in the configuration of kernel which I am trying to load onto the ppc. Now once I enable the enable pci option what happens is that the kernel during the make zImage command execution asks for the following parameters which are not present in the xparameters_ml300.h file

`XPAR_PCI_0_IO_BASEADDR' `XPAR_PCI_0_CONFIG_ADDR' `XPAR_PCI_0_LCONFIG_ADDR'

All these parameters I believe get added in xparamters_ml300.h file. If I am using ml300 board and I add the pci module in the bsp then they get added. However the ml310 board has a different architecture and hence the pci bridge parameters get added instead of the above. How do I get around this problem.If I disable the pci then I can compile the kernel succesfully. But to use the networking feature I believe I have to use pci. Has anyone come across this problem? Has anyone successfully compiled linux kernel with pci support on ml310? Thanks, Nitesh

Reply to
Nitesh

Please visit the ML310 web pages at

Under Documentation and reference designs you will find a section of information on how to build a Linux system including PCI. One of these documents is a "Tutorial on how to configure and re-create the Linux kernel for the PCI design using XPS and MVL 3.1 Pro."

Cheers,

- Peter

Nitesh wrote:

Reply to
Peter Ryser

Which kernel are u using...I have been trying to get a custom kernel on the ml-310 since many months and still I am not successful...Anyways I ported 2.4 and 2.6 without PCI support , but with PCI, I could compile the kernel but I couldnt get it to boot...

-- Parag

Reply to
beeraka

I recommend to start with the MontaVista Linux Preview Kit for the ML300. It can be downloaded from

free of charge. The web pages I pointed you to are based on the MontaVista Linux 3.1 Pro edition. The previewkit is the same as far as the kernel goes but does not have the advanced development tools (Eclipse, etc).

- Peter

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Peter Ryser

Hello, I am able to compile the kernel succesfully. Now I have one more problem. I load the bit file and download the kernel. The following screen appears on my minicom and then goes dead. Enter Desired System ACE CF Configuration . 0: ACE-loader. 1: Linux w/PCI. 2: VxWorks w/PCI. 3: QNX Demo. 4: Linux EDK Base Build. 5: VxWorks EDK Base Build. 6: User Configuration A. 7: User Configuration B.

Select: loaded at: 00400000 008CB1E0 board data at: 008C8138 008C8150 relocated to: 00405308 00405320 zimage at: 00405813 004DE42A initrd at: 004DF000 008C7382 avail ram: 008CC000 10000000

Linux/PPC load: console=ttyS0,9600 root=/dev/xsysace/disc0/part2 rw Uncompressing Linux...done. Now booting the kernel

It gets stuck on booting the kernel. Any suggestions.... Thanks Nitesh

Reply to
Nitesh

Hi Parag , I am using 2.4.26 kernel. I am also trying it with the monta vista preview kit as told by peter. I will try the pci example with the montavista kernel. For the pci parameters eroor what I did was I copied the parameters from the xparameters_ml300.h file patch given by Andrei Konovalov on

Nitesh

Reply to
Nitesh