How to connect an IP to OPB bus??

Hi,

I am working with Virtex-4. I have generated a VHDL code and need it to communicate it with Power PC and some other cores such as UART and I2C which sits on the OPB. I am willing to connect my IP core to this bus. can anyone help me how to do this??

Thanks and regards, Sandip

Reply to
Sandip

You may use the generic OPB_IPIF from Xilinx ( directly or using the create/Import peroipherla wizzard), or you may implement your own OPB interface by reading the OPB specification. The first way is faster to develop, while the second may have faster throughput

Best regards,

Zara

Reply to
Zara

You also need an plb to opb bridge (available within the edk).

Frank

Reply to
Frank van Eijkelenburg