Virtex-5 are available from distribution

As I mentioned before, Virtex-5 devices are plentifully available at Xilinx, and now also from Avnet and NuHorizon. The outcry in this newsgroup helped to speed up the process ! The easiest way is to go to

click on the Xilinx store listing in the lower left hand corner, then click on Virtex-5 in the upper right hand corner, and admire the long list of available parts. Then click on your favorite distributor's name, and voila, you have reached the listing.

Their listing is not user-friendly, 1/1 means you can buy parts in single-piece quantity (I checked that specifically, it does not mean a whole tray!), but prices and available quantity are not published. You will have to use the phone. Believe it or not, this is still the U.S. of A, where the customer is known to be king ;-) But let's rejoice that, at last, you can get hold of these parts. (The distributor has them physically in his inventory, so challenge him on the 6 weeks). The cage-rattling paid off. Peter Alfke

Reply to
Peter Alfke