How to avoid negative slack?

Hi,

I am facing negative slack issue in timing analysis.

The timing analysis report is as foolows:

From: BufferFul2:CLK To: RCounter2[8]:D

data required time 8.454 data arrival time 14.448 slack -5.994

Please suggest me for the following:

  1. What are the methods to avoid negative slack?
  2. How to reduce the delay caused by 'net'?
  3. How to reduce the delay caused by 'cell'?
  4. How to reduce the setup time of FF?
  5. How to choose FF with fast CLK to Q delay?

Advice me about the documents/useful notes are available in net. Thanks in advance.

Regards, Himassk.

Reply to
himassk

Slow down the clock.

Make the net shorter.

Reduce the circuit temperature.

Increase the supply voltage.

Very carefully.

HTH, Syms. :-)

Reply to
Symon

himassk,

Rather than be "cute" or attempt humor, I will take you seriously:

or

or

or

Aust> Hi,

Reply to
Austin Lesea

Miaow!! Anyway, why not just tell the guy to type this into Google?

"negative slack" site:xilinx.com

Set a man afire, and all that...

Love, Symsx. :-)

Reply to
Symon

Symon,

It reminds me of the fellow who walks into his doctor's office, and says,

-"Doctor, when I do this...it hurts!"

The doctor looks at him, and says,

"That will be 100 euros (or dollars, your choice when you tell the joke), please."

-"But you haven't told me what to do!"

"I need to be paid first."

-"Okay, here is your 100 euros..."

"Sir, ... don't do that."

The temptation was great,

Aust>> himassk,

Reply to
Austin Lesea

:-)

So, the same chap wanders in off the street and says "Doctor, doctor. I keep thinking I'm a moth!" The guy responds, "I'm terribly sorry sir, but this is a butcher's shop." The first guy says, "Yeah, I know. But your light was on."

Hi Austin, there was an English comedian called Tommy Cooper who, if you've not come across him before, I think you'd like!

Sorry 4 the OT everyone, Syms.

Reply to
Symon

Symon,