FPGA to FPGA Bus

Hi

I would like to connect 3 FPGA devices together using a 32-bit bus. Also would like all 3 to be masters on the bus. Is there any standard bus ou there that would do this rather than me coming up with my own idea.

Jon

Reply to
maxascent

Search for hypertunnel (HT) chip-to-chip bus.

There is a chance that an HT implementation is at the OpenCores site.

Nikolaos Kavvadias

Reply to
Uncle Noah

PCI would fit the bill, especially if you leverage open-source RTL.

Reply to
RCIngham

Is whishbone bus a multi-master bus ?

Laurent

Amontec, Larry

Not in the conventional sense. It's not well-suited for an off-chip interconnect.

Reply to
Eric Smith

You may want to check out the "J" mode bus on the local bus side of various PLX bridges (9000 series and 8311). This is fairly simple compared to PCI and came from a standard microprocessor bus.

The PLX part datasheets have lots of timing diagrams showing bus operation under all sorts of conditions.

Cheers, Gabor

Reply to
Gabor