EDK 10.1 Map Error

Hi, Im getting the following error when trying to run the ML505 Standard IP Core Demo project from Xilinx. Im trying with the project that Xilinx gave me,without any modifications.

INTERNAL_ERROR:Pack:pktbaplacepacker.c:897:1.139.4.6 - Unable to obey placement request which requires the combination of the following comp blocks into the SLICE_X39Y78 site. comp: mb_plb/N4 comp: mb_plb/mb_plb/GEN_SHARED.I_PLB_ARBITER_LOGIC/I_ARBCONTROL_SM/ arbctrl_sm_cs_FSM_FFd6 The fragment blocks involved are as follows: LUT symbol "mb_plb/mb_plb/GEN_SHARED.I_PLB_ARBITER_LOGIC/I_ARBCONTROL_SM/ arbctrl_sm_cs_FSM_FFd6-In_SW0" (Output Signal = mb_plb/N4) FMux symbol "mb_plb/mb_plb/ GEN_SHARED.I_PLB_ARBITER_LOGIC/I_ARBCONTROL_SM/arbctrl_sm_cs_FSM_FFd6- In" (Output Signal = mb_plb/mb_plb/GEN_SHARED.I_PLB_ARBITER_LOGIC/ I_ARBCONTROL_SM/arbctrl_sm_cs_FSM_FFd6-In) FLOP symbol "mb_plb/mb_plb/GEN_SHARED.I_PLB_ARBITER_LOGIC/I_ARBCONTROL_SM/ arbctrl_sm_cs_FSM_FFd6" (Output Signal = mb_plb/mb_plb/GEN_SHARED.I_PLB_ARBITER_LOGIC/I_ARBCONTROL_SM/ arbctrl_sm_cs_FSM_FFd6) The top reasons for failure were: -> A legal placement was never found for LUT symbol "mb_plb/mb_plb/GEN_SHARED.I_PLB_ARBITER_LOGIC/I_ARBCONTROL_SM/ arbctrl_sm_cs_FSM_FFd6-In_SW0". Final packing quit early.

The error is solved when I turn on Xplorer script, though the run time goes through the roof. How can I get the issue resolved?

Raghu.

Reply to
raghunandan85

Well, you did part of the resolution: run Xplorer script on it.

After you've run the script, it should provide you with the combination of settings it used to build your image. Record those and use them for future iterations. Now you won't need to run the script, and you're build-time should be much less.

Reply to
morphiend

Thanks :) Where can I edit the hardware flow setting? Where are the script files? Some of the files seem to contain the options, but are rewritten for every run. So the changes I make are not persistent. EDK doesnt seem to have a GUI for editing the map and par switches, like ISE. I think I should use a custom script for the hardware flow. If I can modify the script used for default flow then it will be better.

Raghu.

Reply to
raghunandan85

EDK stores it's settings for the flow (or atleast used to in the 9.x, I haven't tried 10.x yet) in the /etc directory. For me it's a file called "fast_runtime.opt". In that file are all the command line switches, separated by a new line, for each tool that is run in the EDK flow. I don't use the EDK gui much, so I don't know if its specifically possible or not to configure it from there. On the flipside, ISE does support native EDK project building. You just create a new ISE project and import the EDK xmp file as a source file. That way you would have the entire ISE flow if you so wished.

-- Mike

Reply to
morphiend

Thanks. Found the options and got my project running. Also added some constraints that helped me complete the implementation with the Xflow (normal) script itself :)

Raghu.

Reply to
raghunandan85