ISE 7.1 Map Error

I'm attempting to an EDK project containing some custom logic to decode an NTSC video stream. When I implement using EDK, I get a number of errors during the map stage, refering to logic that has been trimmed. To deal with this, I've attempted to export the project to ISE, and generate the bit file using that tool. When I leave "trim unconnected signals" checked I get errors of the following nature:

ERROR:MapLib:661 - LUT2 symbol "opb_filter_0/opb_filter_0/XNor_stagelut" (output signal=opb_filter_0/opb_filter_0/N2) has input signal "opb_filter_0/opb_filter_0/NTSC0/hpos" which will be trimmed. See the trim report for details about why the input signal will become undriven.

When I then go and uncheck "trim unconnected signals", I get the following error:

ERROR:LIT:144 - Only STATUS0, STATUS1 and STATUS2 can be used in DCM symbol "dcm_0/dcm_0/DCM_INST" (output signal=dcm_0/dcm_0/CLK0_BUF).

I have attempted to synthesize and implement *only* my custom video decoding module using ISE, and none of the used signals get trimmed. However, when I instantiate it in EDK and use that project, the vast majority of my logic gets removed (even the signals coming in from FPGA pins).

-Matt

Reply to
Matt Fornero