New Xilinx device package options for S3E & S3A

Thank you XILINX,

you list new device package options for Spartan3E: (VQ100 for XC3S500E)

and for Spartan3A: (new VQ100 and FT256 options)

In the datasheets overview there is a table with device package options and their respective amount of I/O's and inputs only.

E.g. the new XC3S200A-4VQG100C has 68 I/O's with 13 input onlies.

These numbers do not match with the pinout tables in the datasheets, and ISE

10.1 behaviour. ISE 10 lets me use 61 I/O's in a quick test design. So there are 61 I/O's on a XC3S200A-4VQG100C and 7 input only signals ?

Where is the mistake ?

MIKE PS: Delivery time for the XC3S500E-4VQG100 is 26 weeks @ Silica !

--
www.oho-elektronik.de
OHO-Elektronik

This almost ticks me off! I have been bugging Xilinx for years to support lower pin count packages on larger parts and I have always gotten that argument that they just can't sell enough to justify it, especially in the Spartan line. I guess there are some larger fish asking for that now. I wonder if they will go to the 100 pin package with the 3AN parts?

Rick

XC3S500E)

options)

rickman

:(

i heard the s3a vq100 option, and assumed the same goes for s3an too bad it is not so

but even so the new package options are nice !

Antti

Reply to
Antti