Download bit stream onto ml310 ( virtex 2 pro ) using uart cable

Hello, I am using Xilinx EDK 7.1 and ml310 development board from Xilinx. I have fedora core 2 OS on my PC.

I have problem downloading design onto the fpga.I use minicom to connect to the ml310 board. It does connect at 9600 8N1 parameters . I get the following prompt in the minicom window :

Enter Desired System ACE CF Configuration . 0: ACE-loader. 1: Linux w/PCI. 2: VxWorks w/PCI. 3: QNX Demo. 4: Linux EDK Base Build. 5: VxWorks EDK Base Build. 6: User Configuration A. 7: User Configuration B.

select :

But when I try to download the design from my XPS window it gives me error saying cable connection failed .It does not connect ot the board from the xps window? What could be the problem?

Thanks, Nitesh

Reply to
Nitesh

You will need a JTAG cable such as the Parallel-IV or Platform USB cable to download the bit file from within EDK/XPS. In general, the uart cannot be used to download a bitstream.

Paul

Nitesh wrote:

Reply to
Paul Hartke

Hi Paul , I was able to correct the problem.I downloaded the windrv6 drivers from jungo.com and it worked. Thanks, Nitesh

Reply to
Nitesh