Core import into ISE

I'm trying to implement a project in ISE which comprises some logic and an Aurora core. I generate the Aurora core OK using the Core Generator but I cannot figure out how to bring the core into ISE so that I can add my extra logic and then implement the whole thing. I've read as much information as I can find but still can't get it to work. The Aurora core User Guide just goes on about using Perl scripts to implement the core on it's own but that's not what I want to do.

If anyone can help, I'd be grateful.

Thanks.

Rog.

Reply to
Roger

The core is generated in source code form, so you simply include the source code into your project. I generally include it as a library, but it really doesn't matter; you can just include the source code.

Reply to
Duane Clark

Duane,

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to use the example supplied from the core generator. I've copied the xco file, the frame_gen.vhd, frame_check.vhd and the standard_cc_module.vhd into the project and all seems OK but then I get the following message: ERROR:HDLParsers:3014 - "C:/Roger/Xilinx_designs/rio_test/frame_check.vhd" Line 54. Library unit AURORA is not available in library work.

There's another step that I seem to be missing. The hassle is due to the line in the source: use WORK.AURORA.all;

Any ideas? Thanks. (As you can guess I'm new to this so apologies if I'm making a really stupid mistake!)

Rog.

Reply to
Roger

An xco file? Have you registered for and obtained an Aurora license? It is free:

Then you should have Aurora source rather than an xco file. I have not used an xco file, so I am not sure how to use it.

The example is expecting the Aurora core to be in a libarary named Aurora. I don't know what to do with an xco file, but with the Aurora core in source form in ISE7.1, in the "Sources in Project" window, right click on one of the files in your project and select "New Source". In the dialog, click "VHDL Library" and enter "AURORA in the File Name box, and then click through the dialog.

At the bottom of the "Sources in Project" window, click the "Library View" tab. Your new library should be there. Right click on the library, and select "Add Source", and add the source.

With an xco file, it looks like you can add that directly to your project. Then right click on it and see if it will let you select "Move to Library...". I don't know whether that will actually work.

Reply to
Duane Clark

Duane,

Yes, I've got a license. I thought the xco file was some clever way of bringing the whole core into the project in 1 easy move - obviously not.

I've done what you suggested and managed to get it working now. Thanks very much for your help.

The xco can be added to the project but it can't be moved to the library.

Regards,

Rog.

Reply to
Roger