BACK to FPGA

Hi all

My name is Eliahu from Israel .

After some years in the software field I want to come back again to the harware era .

I want to start again doing FPGA designs . I feel that XILINX "speaks" to me .

My question is : What low cost deseign kit might be right for a "comeback" to the fpga filed ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance EC

Reply to
ec

Hi Eliahu,

Just do a google search. You will find tons of matches. I bought one from:

I am pretty happy with it.

ZAK

Reply to
ZAK

Thanks Zak !!

Which specific module do you use in you day to day work ?

ec

"ZAK" ëúá áäåãòä: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
ec

Hi Eliahu, I recommend you to contact either MEMEC or IES in Iarael these two companies represent Xlinx in Israel.

I recently worked with the SPARTAN3 - 3SxLC Board (a MEMEC board) I'm sure that such a board will be sufficient for a start and it is not expensive too (about 200 $).

Regards, Moti.

Reply to
Moti

Reply to
Madhu

What is available in india?

I would like to try out some design..

Ankur

Reply to
akuchlous

Ankur,

I assume that you would be able to order one from the Xilinx Online store. I don't know if the procedure is different if one is overseas, never had the opportunity. You said you would like to try out some design. Is it OK to ask if you are an engineer or hobbiest, and what kind of work you do? I've heard people ask what it is like to work in San Jose, California USA, but I never heard of anyone saying what it is like to work in India.

Regards,

-Newman

Link to store :

-Newman

Reply to
newman5382

Hi

I work for a EDA company, working on FPGA synthesis tool.

Two fpga tool lead in market. One is our company( to keep company name out), and other is from synplicity.

An under-grad approached me for help in getting his design into an FPGA, and verify it.

So I thought it would be a good exercise for me to do some pure design stuff and verify it.

As for work, I am satisfied out here, for I get to do the best stuff in EDA, and given the opportunity and salary out here, it was a wise decision to move back to India.

-Ankur

mail me at gmail.com@akuchlous, if u have any more questions. (reverse the email id).

Reply to
akuchlous

As I am looking for a job and also thinking about moving to Asia, I'm interested by your own experience.

Which country are you from?? Do you think it is easy for european (french exactely) to move to India (because it seems to be here there is the most part of R&D center in EDA)? Even more for young graduate because over there all companies wanted 2 year experienced engineers not less not more. And jobs in france look more and more making specifications & documentations than doing hardware developpement.

Regards, Alexis

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
KCL