Good prices.

Cheers,

Hernán Sánchez

"kubik" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@interfree.it...

?
Reply to
Hernán Sánchez

do more homework!

there are lots of boards with less than 1KUSD value

xilinx/digilent s3-200 is $99 new board with S3-1500 is coming (not announced) I would gess sub $249 price for that xess has s3-1000 board for $199 and there are quite manu more in around $199 price range some v2-1000+ boards are also relativly cheap

the price sometimes includes xilinx EDK in case of -"MB" bundled packages from avnet and memec

but lots of high end boards cost $5000+ with no bundled at all

Antti you want to build a society? that would do what? interesting...

?
Reply to
Antti Lukats

maybe he means a company.

Forgive me for these stupid questions, but i'm a beginner in this field.

I was searching on the web a Xilinx virtex2 board for doing my first experience. I' ve found many boards on the xilinx on line store ( the HW-AFX family ) on the Avnet site ( ADS family ) and so on. But the prices of these boards are all more then one thousand of dollars.

Are these prices so high because with them is sold the design software too ?

If so, and if i want to build a system in fpga i must buy many of these boards, i don't need many copies of the design software. Are there others expensive boards that need only to be programmed and cost much less?

What shoud be the orientative value for the cost for piece that i must sustain if i want to build a society that sells designs in FPGA?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
kubik

Yes, i'm not american, but i think i mean a company. I' m looking with interest at the new market of "domotic" and the embedded systems that it could require

Thanks at all

Reply to
kubik

You will find Virtex-II based boards relatively expensive. For cost it is better to look at Spartan-3 based boards. Spartan-3 architecture is derived from Virtex-II. We have offerings in this field as do many of our competitors.

John Adair Enterpoint Ltd. - Home of Broaddown2. The Ultimate Spartan3 Development Board.

?
Reply to
John Adair

You should extend your search:

Philip Freidin Fliptronics

Reply to
Philip Freidin

Ooh, yummy! I was hoping to find a Spartan 200k board with more than

1MB RAM than the Digilent board has.

-- _______________________________________________________________________ Christopher R. Carlen Principal Laser/Optical Technologist Sandia National Laboratories CA USA snipped-for-privacy@sandia.gov -- NOTE: Remove "BOGUS" from email address to reply.

Reply to
Chris Carlen