Village Idiot of Today

John D Dingell (D-MI15), take note that he's Congressman from MICHIGAN

is proposing a 50¢/gallon additional tax on gasoline.

He's also partner to a proposal to do away with the mortgage interest deduction on your house if its size is above 3000 sq.ft.

Bwahahahahaha! Democrats are their own worst enemies.

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

Not necessarily........ I know a lot of "democrats" who would be very opposed to that crap. Every party has its share of ass holes, just ask the republicans!

Reply to
Radiosrfun

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 | =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 |

t =A0|

=A01962 =A0 =A0 |

I think we should recklessly pump every last drop of oil out of the ground, stick it in our tanks, and drive around like there's no tomorrow. And when it runs out, and we need to start our mini- mansion home improvement projects, we can schlep our building supplies on the backs of our cheap immigrant labor force.

Reply to
mpm

Works for me ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Political suicide. But in reality, we need much bigger taxes on gas, in the country's strategic interest.

That said, "global warming" is embraced so wildly by Democrats and european governments because it's the sweetest excuse in decades for taxation, control, business-bashing, and class warfare.

Yup. There's still a chance they may blow the presidential election which, everything considered, would be a feat.

John

Gotta give 'em credit for trying ;-)

...Jim Thompson

LOL, for me too, but then I probably won't be around when the shit
hits the fan.

At least I can speak Spanish... ;)
Reply to
John Fields

All they have to do in nominate Hillary. It's bad enough having a President who's in the pocket of the oil industry, but one who's a wholly-owned subsidiary of the insurance cartel could only be worse.

Reply to
Stephen J. Rush

My kids can. My Hispanic son-in-law can't ;-)

BTW the shit WON'T hit the fan (provided we can keep the Democrats from f...ing everything up)... the natural play of entrepreneurship will swing into action as soon as there's a profit to be made.

...Jim Thompson

How do you get a deduction on 0% interest?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yeah, even that would be a small down payment on the cost of the US military intervention that inevitably will be needed to secure the middle east oil producers such as Saudi Arabia. After the US withdraws from Iraq, in failure, the whole region is going up in flames.

Right, that's another good move. Those particular owners do not pay a proportionate fair share of the infrastructural support subsidized by government entities. It makes very good sense to eliminate the tax deductions in that case.

You're out of touch with reality, but then living in a hell hole like Phoenix, Arizona, on the fringe of civilized society, will do that to people. Keep drinking the Kool Aid.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

nalog Innovations, Inc. | et <

nalog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems < -anus <

rass Rat <

merica: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

Seems to me, that's exactly what we are doing.

Given the reluctance to pass meaningful CAFE standards, and fueling the economy with cheap oil - it would have made a lot more sense to have a 50 cent tax when gas was 30 cents a gallon.

As long as CEO's only consider the instantaneous price of the stock and not the future of the company, and as long as corporations control governments, we will always be lagging - only making good choices when there is no profitable (other) alternative.

Newsgroups
default

Oh, really? I pay around $8K per year in property taxes. Is that not "proportionate", or do you think you have a right to STEAL even more?

It REALLY is a hell hole. Everyone is advised to stay well away from here ;-)

You ARE really sicko, Fred.

...Jim Thompson

Rich folks will restructure their finances so as to preserve the tax benefits. Poor folks can't afford 3000 sq foot houses, so this will bite the middle class the hardest. The Democrats support is split between the poor and the wealthy, so they don't give a crap about the folks in the middle anyway.

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
The blinking cursor writes; and having writ, blinks on.

So why does the "middle" vote Democrat?

...Jim Thompson

"Fred Bloggs" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com...

Yes? And: Why is this a bad thing?

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

I'd go for a $1/gallon added fuel tax, and start that abode tax deduction loss if there's more than 1000 sf per person within the given total (using inside measurments) of that abode (including whatever's livable within out-buildings or of weird foundation space), with a 10% reduction imposed per 100 sf above the 1000 sq/soul. In other words, a 4 person utilized home can be that of an all-inclusive

4000 sf and still qualify for the full deduction. (obviously all kinds of ways to cheat on most of that)

However, I've got a whole lot better alternatives that would actually work without requiring yet another DHS spendy police state.

- Brad Guth -

Reply to
BradGuth

Well, in my own case, in the next election, it's the only meaningful protest against the slide into facism. Don't forget that Hitler was

*elected.* I used to vote Libertarian, but in the American winner-take-all system, that amounts to a wasted vote. Of course, given the present state of the Democratic party, it amounts to "Would you rather be hanged or shot?"
Reply to
Stephen J. Rush

Because the GOP frightened them off by getting into bed (or more accurately, a restroom stall) with the wacko conservatives. The GOP used to be the sane party when it had a more libertarian philosophy.

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
The blinking cursor writes; and having writ, blinks on.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Yeah, that will help simplify the tax code.

There should be only one tax: sales tax on consumption.

John