Village Idiot of Today

There are all kinds of government subsidized loans for housing, and at all levels of government. I like the urban renewal loans available in the older cities wherein up to 70% is forgiven if you make the house your primary residence for 15 years. Terrell is on some kind of similar handout for the disabled, it's ultimately cheaper than putting him up in a shelter.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

We're subsidizing "millions" of "non-residents" - "I" have no issue with helping out those who "live" here. At least he was actively engaged in employment at some point - maybe still is. Thats more than I can say for those sneaking in.

Reply to
Radiosrfun

I agree, with exclusions only for those most basic of essentials, or as purchassed by those being cared for by the system (no good sense in retaxing yourself). I have a few other good ideas that would go the distance and then some, on behalf of eliminating property tax for the vast majority of us poor folk that qualify under that 1000 sf/ individual rule. (state and local taxes are simply much worse off than federal tax issues)

- Brad Guth -

Reply to
BradGuth

on

I agree that government has been going postal on us, but there are a few good and reasonable reasons for certain forms of tax collecting that'll pay for the common good, that simply would not otherwise happen.

If some day a smart nuclear bomb took out 90% of federal, state and local government, we'd still do just fine and dandy with the 10% worth of government that's alive and kicking. And if we keep pushing Iran's 'do not push' buttons, that down-sizing consolidation of government may come to past.

- Brad Guth -

Reply to
BradGuth

Look up the "Fair Tax"

Let's change the system. Mike

Reply to
mike

Fred Bloggs snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

For others like myself, that may not have paid attention, please explain your advice again.

Reply to
JosephKK

Fred Bloggs snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

Pity, if you had finished reading the thread before you posted you could have found out that it is a family loan deal. No government handouts involved.

Reply to
JosephKK

The vast majority of the immigrants from South America are very decent people here to work, support themselves and families, and become skilled tradesmen; they do not ask for a handout. The handout crowd are the ones from the former Soviet bloc countries in Eastern Europe, many of them are ingrained parasites well versed in manipulating the big bureaucracies. How come there is no outcry against them? Because they are whiter? I will accept the Latinos any day over them. On average I rate Latinos as superior to most Americans.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

It is the basic policy of helping children of the poor break out of the rut their parents got themselves into. Children should not have to be burdened by their parents' socio-economic status and other problems. There are some old fashioned feudalistic types around here who think it's cool to perpetuate a de facto caste system; they are mentally ill, probably reacting to some impulsive lower brain primordial urge to destroy the offspring of others. This policy is not a handout, children do not know what a handout is, they are to be given a base with which to make something of themselves.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

[snip]

Methinks the last time Fred shot his mouth off his aim was a little high.

I know of NO Europeans on the dole.

That is not to say that MANY, MANY Hispanics are not hard-working contributors to our society... but MANY, MANY Hispanics are loading down the welfare/health-care system here in Arizona... and they are the single largest criminal element in the state.

From Fred's rants one can easily conclude that he is a follower of AchMeNaziJob in some respects... if you get my gist.

...Jim Thompson

I have "never" heard any reports OR complaints from "any" source - other than Fred - about Europeans - cashing in on our "Welfare" system. Yes, there are many Hispanics who are doing their share- but so many more who are not. Maybe he doesn't understand ILLEGAL = NOT ON THE TAX ROLLS. They may be working, but not paying into the tax system. THAT is what hurts the system. Also - if they want to live here - let them enlist and serve their time. Make them "Equal Opportunity" in every regard. If they serve - grant them Citizenship. That is just a small fraction of my rant.

Reply to
radiosrfun

That, actually, is my concern. In the three generations we've been subsidizing such behavior (at a cost equal to our entire national debt, last time I looked), we only seem to have increased it by leaps and bounds.

Having recently heard seven of the Little Rock 9 speak--so wonderfully articulate, and thoughtful they were--and contrasting with the Katrina people of today, I wonder that we've done any good by this at all, and clearly see great harm.

Well of course I have other choices. For one, believing as I do that these programs breed dependency, rob people of their dignity, ambition, and hope, imprisoning them and their next generation in poverty, I'm duty-bound to speak out against what I see as folly, right?

And another choice I have is, rather than start another business, employ people, etc. and once again be one of the 1% who pays a third of all tax, I can live simply, earn little--I don't need it, nor the hassle anyhow--and not support what I see as harmful to humankind.

(The main thing I have against me is that I really *like* to make things!, and that weakness may be my downfall.)

With best regards, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

I thought that during the "cold war", Communism was our enemy.

Why are people so eager to throw the USA down the same communist toilet that destroyed the Soviet Union?

Here's an example of how well "free" medical care works:

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just teach them not to breed what they can't afford to feed?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

No, I won't be alone. I'll have Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson to help. Or, Mr. Colt, or Mr. Winchester, or etc. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

You are misinformed. Many illegals pay into the tax system: income, SS, property, and sales taxes.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Interesting how people always want to eliminate taxes for themselves, and tax everybody who they think is a bit better off. What about the really poor people; don't you want to tax yourself for their benefit?

John

But they're a net drain, not contributors. California, for example, pays >$10,500 annually to educate every kid, and thousands per illegal man, woman, and child in free health care. Poor peasants from nastier places, working here illegally, don't pay *nearly* that much in tax. Not even close.

Any taxes illegals pay are but trival offsets to these very real expenses. And, their benefits come at the expense of our poor, the intended recipients.

James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

GAN

st

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." --Fr=E9d=E9ric Bastiat (1801-1850)

Grins, James

Reply to
James Arthur

with

for

Fred needs to visit the emergency room at any public hospital in Dallas.

Reply to
Lord Garth