Re: Which university produces good analog EEs?

It also seems the "replacement" engineering staff members are less

> visible (which perhaps they are from being overworked?), so the whole > "migration" tends to look more unbalanced that perhaps it is in real- > life.

I honestly think these days there's a lot more paranoia about "intellectual property" than there was 20+ years ago and companies *instruct* their employees to be a lot less "visible" than they otherwise might be. The business guys figured out long ago that, while being the best technically is nice, if everyone keeps their mouths shut about technical matters, companies can instead compete on price and (perhaps) "customer service" which arguably easier to do -- especially if you're a business major. (I suppose the entire notion reflect sthe idea that there's a bigger and bigger gap between what the average engineer understands vs. the average marketing guy...)

Hence Joerg's point about how it's quite surprising that you don't see many reports of ATSC performance in "difficult" (e.g., multi-path) environments.

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

True. Ed

Reply to