a/d, d/a subsystem sources?

Hello:

I am looking for some guidance on A/D and D/A subsystems at the chip level. Are there any mfg that have a single chip solution that contains, for example, 8 a/d's (12-14bit) and 4 d/a's? If so, part numbers?

Many years ago when I did this for a living, if you wanted a high quality device, Analog Devices or BB were the two mfg to check out. Has that changed? Any company have comparable cost competitive devices? (e.g Linear technology? NS?)

Last question: Could someone point out an a/d subsystem (e.g. 16 se, 8 de, 100k sampling rate, 12-14bit, serial or parallel interface) that has a reasonable cost, and perhaps even recognized as a 'standard' type device? I have a similar request for d/a subsystem...

Thanks for your help

-J

Reply to
John Hudak

Analog has tons of A/Ds. Just about any speed/number of channels/ resolution. For 12-14 bit at only 100ksps it's pretty hard to screw these days. I can't comment on price, but Analog has a bunch and Microchip has some easy to use SPI ones in that range. Analog has a wider variety in high channel count, just use their parametric search on their website to find what you're after. BB got bought out a while ago by TI, I know they still sell their amplifiers, not sure about A/ Ds.

Chris

Reply to
kmaryan