Village Idiot of Today

Is that anything like

0V +/- 2%
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

Sigh. No, it means that *every* penny I pay on my mortgage is to repay the principal. What part of a ZERO interest rate don't you get?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Fred is jealous because he lives on the fringe of uncivilized society, so all he gets to drink is 'recycled' Kool Aid.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The Nazi party never had a majority. A large minority yes, but not a majority. More important was Hitler's appointment as chencellor.

Tim

-- Deep Fryer: A very philos>

winner-take-all

state

shot?"

Reply to
Tim Williams

STEAL is the appropriate word to use when referring to Republican party controlled government. Now if you had a more humane and progressive Democrat control, they are known to roll off property taxes for the elderly.

You know it, visiting that place was like dying and going to hell. Maybe I missed something, but the whole socio-cultural aura seemed to be somewhere in the range of vacuous to non-existent, and the people were so...err...uncomplicated:-)

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Every child regardless of national origin, creed, color, race, religious belief, parental status, legal status, pedigree, or any other damned thing, has a RIGHT to medical care, education, and any other damned thing to put them on equal footing with any other child in getting a start on life. It is beyond monstrous to deny them this.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Are you hinting the taxpayers are paying the interest on your loan? Mike

Reply to
mike

I never have figured out why the elderly get tax breaks and senior citizen discounts. They have had 40 years to save there money! Mike

Reply to
mike

The tax breaks will be income qualified, and the program is designed to help them maintain their independence on a fixed income. This is better for everyone all around. Senior citizen discounts from the commercial sector are largely a ripoff.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

So how much tax do you currently pay on gasoline? In the UK price is about 0.95 GBP per litre which I suppose equates to around $6.50 per US gallon. I know a lot of that is tax (duty and then 17.5% VAT)

One "benefit" of high taxes on gasoline is that we notice the effect of crude oil prices much less. The guy who used to be the CEO of Shell was quoted recently as saying that as demand exceeds supply in the early part of the next decade crude prices could reach $150 per barrel.

It's worth noting that some recent conferences on global warming have had a sub-title of "energy security". Using less fuel derived from oil will help it last a little longer.

Is that tax relief on the interest part of mortgages? I think the Tories scrapped that in the 1980's here.

--
Jim Backus running OS/2 Warp 3 & 4, Debian Linux and Win98SE
bona fide replies to j  backus  jita

mike snipped-for-privacy@knology.net posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic:

Maybe. It is clear that he has a special case loan, similar to mine. I have only a 4.50% interest rate. Completely unmatchable today.

Reply to
JosephKK

Taxpayers? No, only one.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Nobody has a right to steal other people's money to pay their bills. You're not talking about "rights" here, you're talking about "entitlements", which is what got us into this mess in the first place.

You can't solve a problem by applying more of the same stuff that caused the problem.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Actually, there shouldn't be any taxes _at all_. There is just entirely too much government. All government is supposed to be is a meeting place, where issues that can't be done locally can get coordinated.

And _they_ should be paid for by user fees.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

So, you think you can defend your cave from marauders with clubs, all by yourself?

John

What Fred's saying is that other people's need gives them the right to your support. In this case, other people can thoughtlessly bring children into the world with the right and expectation that you--not they--shall support them.

To each according to need, from each according to ability. (And so begins the competition to be the most needy, and least able.)

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

That would explain Meteor Crater....

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

And then disbanding the legislature and no elections.

I really do get sick and tired of the left screaming 'Nazi' and 'fascist' every time there's a disagreement on anything.

Reply to
flipper

Yes, that's true, and if you follow my advice, the thoughtless behavior will continue for only a generation or so.

Just consider it the price you pay for the privilege of living in the US. Of course if you want to relinquish that privilege, feel free to leave:-)

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Taxes are a simple overhead already figured into your salary, the arguments against excessive income tax are irrational.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs