VESA Feature connector

You probably have to turn it on in the graphics controller.

Reply to
zwsdotcom

The video BIOS should be turning it on if you want that feature to work. It's probably not implemented by anyone and you're the first person to bother to check.

Reply to
zwsdotcom

I measured the output of the vesa feature connector on a vga graphics card (pci-diamond). Unfortunly I only found Hsync & Vsync the rest of the pins were "silent" in textmode vga 31.5 kHz, 70 Hz. However the hd15 vga output works flawlessly.

Does one need to something special to get vga data output on the vesa feature connector?

IDC 40 pinout:

pbdelete

IDC 40??? Don't know what you mean by that, but it's 26 pins. I used this a decade ago with ISA cards. Don't remember having to turn anything on. But your link does show enable pins for dot clock et al. mike

--
Wanted, Serial cable for Dell Axim X5 PDA.
with links.  Delete this sig when replying.

Seem that makes it's use as a digital console output for bios setup, etc.. before any os is loaded, to not work.

Reply to
pbdelete

ISTR that the VESA was digital and thus supported only EGA video (16 color).

Maybe put the card in EGA mode? ISTR 640 x 350, 16 color?

Thomas

Reply to
Zak

So it might be, but if the computer _boots_ into vga. It's moot ;) Althought thanks for the info.

It will end up with a 3x 25 Msps A/D or similar solution on the hd15 connector instead.

Reply to
pbdelete

Well my ISTR really is that - maybe VGA expanded the meaning of the 'feature connector'.

In any case, if you need A/D's - there are A/D's made for exactly this purpose - to be used in flat panel displays.

Thomas

Reply to
Zak