Useful bonus feature

I'm just doing some rough prototyping at the minute and to save squinting I put a identifying label on the MCU showing part no and orientation, from one of those thermal Dymo-style labelling machines. What I hadn't anticipated is the bonus feature - these are thermal labels so of course give a visual indication when the magic smoke gets let out.

Andrew Smallshaw
andrews@sdf.org
Reply to
Andrew Smallshaw

Nice. One time long ago, I got snookered by a damaged prescaler in an

8-pin DIP. For recompense, I connected pins 1-4 to one side of a 120V mains plug, and pins 5-8 to the other. Made a very satisfactory bang, and excavated a crater out of the epoxy.

Most soothing to my irritated soul, and _that_ chip was not going to waste any more of my time. (Pease talks about 'Widlarizing' in a similar vein.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs