distribution feature matrix?

I'm wondering if anyone has seen a feature matrix done on all the small/embedded Linux distributions that are available. I know that most serious nerds roll their own, but I'm a hardware guy who knows just enough to be dangerous at this point.

My target board is a 586 class PC104 board with Ethernet and CF. I was hoping to get gcc/make, ssh/sftp, apache/ssl, and enough of the basic utils into 50-100MB so that I can securely log into over the net. The goal is to be able to monitor, change, and recompile my application remotely while keeping the bad guys out. Having read most of the O'Reilly Linux books, I know that the last part is the tricky bit.

Reply to
Rick Farmer