US COVID-19 Infection Rate Still not Peaked

The infection rate continues at around 30,000 new cases per day with no drop detectable by objective measures.

So if we still are not yet reducing the rate of infections and we have an ever growing death rate, how can we even be giving consideration to opening businesses, churches, schools or other public places?

What else do we need to do to get the infection rate to drop... or more accurately, what are we doing wrong?

Using this site to view info by country I don't see any areas that are better or worse than others in regards to the change in the rate of new infections.

A very few counties are noticeably dropping, but they are mostly low numbers to begin with. A few places still have rising new infection rates like San Francisco, Chicago and New York. What's up with that???

--
  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ricky C

So if the new infection rate is not dropping for the US as a whole, why are people clamoring for reopening the country for infection? Do people want this disease to spread wildly?

I saw pictures today of some of the rallies. Many were not practicing measures to prevent infection. I would say we can expect a spike in the infection rates in a week or so, but I don't think there really were enough people there to make a difference.

The new infection rate has reached a plateau. But we don't know if this is a peak or not. With states starting to reopen currently closed facilities, we may see a resurgence even before we see a down turn in new cases per day.

To me opening the country up at this time is like playing Russian roulette with an automatic.

--
  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ricky C

Just stirring the pot. :)

See if Slowman's anti-gun saliva response kicks in.

Link:

For the record, I'm not a fan of, nor do I even think it remotely appropria te, to participate in a "Let's re-open the economy" rally like this while b eing openly armed with semi-automatic rifles. While I'm sure the situation is financially dire for lots of folks living paycheck-to-paycheck (etc..), we're nowhere near the point where the guns "have" to come out. To me, it 's a stupid show of force for no reason.

Reply to
mpm

iate, to participate in a "Let's re-open the economy" rally like this while being openly armed with semi-automatic rifles. While I'm sure the situati on is financially dire for lots of folks living paycheck-to-paycheck (etc.. ), we're nowhere near the point where the guns "have" to come out. To me, it's a stupid show of force for no reason.

It's actually a show of force by people who are demonstrating that they the y can't think straight.

The whole point about sensible gun-control laws is that they don't stop peo ple owning guns, they merely keep them out of the hands of people who would use them for socially undesirable purposes - the kind of people who would have been kicked out of a well-regulated militia because they couldn't be t rusted not to shoot other members of the militia because they were silly or careless.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to