And the Beat Goes On (in the US)

Jeez, I haven't looked at geodacenter.github.io for a while getting my info from worldometers.info/coronavirus. Looking at the daily new infection pe r capita map the image is shocking! Texas with their large numbers has som e seriously hot spots, but much of the state has little to show.

The south east is another story. Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee are all end to end hot zones with the rest of the south east clo se on their heels. The south west is similar with Arizona taking the lead.

The north east and the central plains states seem to have the disease fairl y well under control. The north east states clearly show that we can retur n from a high infection rate and get this disease under control.

Viewing the map at the county level clearly shows the influence that govern ment action has on the spread of this disease. Tennessee has high levels o f this disease spreading in nearly every county. Then right across the nea rly arrow straight line border Kentucky has a much lower level of infection . The same is true for the Kentucky border with Illinois and Indiana. Okl ahoma has high rates of new infection in most counties, it's neighbor Kansa s, not. Oklahoma even makes Texas look good where the high rates of infect ion are centered in the cities.

Is this an early winter in some states... no, I don't think so. Maybe it's cultural differences? Are Kentuckians much different from Tennesseans, I don't think so. Maybe, just maybe it's a difference in behavior brought on by the decrees and encouragements of the respective governments?

Naaahhhh... that can't be it. It's got to be the early Tennessee winter. Yeah, just like in Florida it's much too cold for this time of year.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricketty C