Vaccines Must be Causing COVID Infectons

The numbers are pretty clear. We have been vaccinating in the US since December and have more than 20% completely vaccinated. While we initially saw a steep decline in infection rates after the holidays when people were out shopping and being more exposed, more recently the infection rates have stopped going down. Now that we have vaccinated an appreciable percentage of the population the infection rates are rising again!

This clearly shows the vaccine is not only ineffective, but that it must somehow make a person a higher risk for catching COVID.

We need to stop the vaccinations before we create another round of massive deaths.

Reply to
Rick C

I know you are just kidding, but someone else might take it seriously. Vaccine does not stop the variants or new cases, but lower sickness and hospitalization.

We still need to do on-shot, just don't over do it. One-shot is enough for protections.

Reply to
Ed Lee

Actually vaccination is pretty effective against most variants, and usefully effective against the rest. It may not completely stop new cases, but it make them less likely, and shortens the period in which the infected get on top of the infection, so they get less sick, and infect many fewer people.

In Ed Lee's ill-informed opinion. We can hope his silly ideas kill him, which would shut him up, but this is animprobable outcome (though not as improbable as he chooses to believe).

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Massachusetts deaths/day are headed towards the single digits. Case numbers have been well-controlled inland since late March, but it's believed cases were and may still be rising inland on Cape Cod and similar resort-destinations where the younger, wealthier, and healthier residents took off to once the weather started getting nicer, going to parties and throwing caution to the wind while still being un-vaccinated, possibly explaining a couple week bump:

But it's a minority of the population and the falling infection rate inland looks like it's starting to outstrip that, and the rate of new infections is de-coupling from deaths.

Reply to
bitrex

delete second "inland"

Reply to
bitrex

I don't usually bother responding to Bill Slowman's non-sense. But using death threat to silence speech is very typical of communistic idealist.

SF Bay Area is close to same populations and death rates. Hospitals are roughly 20% to 30% empty.

Probably because the higher risk patients are already dead.

Reply to
Ed Lee

Rick C snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You are an absolute idiot.

74.6 MILLION US citizens have been vaccinated, you retarded f*ck.

You are like the stupid f*ck that thinks cell phones cause brain tumors.

YOU are f****ng ineffective.

The vaccines have record level efficacies.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Ed Lee snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

There was no threat, you illiterate dumbfuck.

Maybe English is not your first language. Go take a remedial course. Nothing Bill said was a threat, you stupid f*ck.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

It's not any kind of threat - just a prediction based on the facts presented. If Ed Lee wants to take his own ill-informed advice, he lives and dies by the consequences. There's nothing remote;y political about spelling out what those consequences might be.,

Younger patients are less likely to die. If they go home after their infectious break and infect their more elderly relatives, the death rate may well go up again.

America ought to have vaccinated most of the well-off elderly by now, but elderly Republicans do seem to be foolishly vaccine averse.

shows that the 50-64 year-old group is the most vaccinated, but even there less than 30% of the population has been covered.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

I expect you'll probably wish death on me for pointing this out, Bill, but the Indian variant does appear to be attacking a much younger cohort; typically half the age and less of the original Chinese virus.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom