Super duper hype fast FET driver?

Yes.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I sure wish, but can't get at the other side of the capacitance. If really, really needed and I can't make any filter-style peaker work well enough I'd have to roach it all into a circuit with either boostrapped of artificially split supplies, to squeeze out more amplitude. That will be the ultimate layout challenge because it all must be very small. Now if I could design this into an IC, well, then ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Hand-made magnetics are usually met with some disgust in design reviews. "You mean, Mini Circuits doesn't make it?" ... "No".

But man's gotta do what man's gotta do :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Right. But try to buy one off the shelf ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

A 2:1 transmission line transformer is fairly easy. Two hanks of micro-coax on a toroid. Braids in parallel make the primary, inners in series are the secondary. Risetime is still way below 1 ns.

One other cute trick is a pulse inverter. One winding on a toroid, but the inner and outer swap halfway through.

John

OK, use a balun, bought or home-made, to convert the bridge drive to single-ended.

John

I think you somehow ended up in a parallel zombie universe. When was this?

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

1980-1986. It was the same in other towns. I also worked up there near Enschede.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Tough in this case because the duty cycle is really odd. In the range of

0.1% or so. It can be done but it'll be a little more than a balun. We'll see if the FET method works and if not, then it'll be more R&D. Since the 7002 is very long in the tooth now maybe there are some newer not so mainstream devices. A lot of semiconductor stuff is hidden from the usual marketplaces. When I helped a client pick an IC design house and toured around with their engineer I was surprised. Some of them handed us a thick booklet with all the "semi-standard" parts they sell where they own the IP. Really nifty switcher chips, RF chips and all that.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Every time I tried that I couldn't get a whole lot of BW out of it.

Not sure how you meant that on a toroid but this may be suitable for a double-hole core.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

The

We've tested a fair number of mosfets and the 7002 is about as fast as they get. The real screamers are phemts, but are a couple of orders of magnitude more expensive.

You need, like, an amp of drive, right?

John

The

A few bucks would be ok, tens of bucks not so much. That's the problem with LDMOS, they only make big ones and then they cost a ton. PHEMTs are all lower voltage AFAIK. Ideally I need a device that can take 15V or more. There are some good BJTs, screaming fast ones like this at 10-15 cents:

But the challenge is saturation and the fact that they can't hold a switched node "resistively" to a reference voltage while not being modulated.

Yeah, it's, like, one amp :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

and I'm sure some of that trillion is spend lobbying to keep drugs illegal if drugs weren't illegal the profit would plummet

I'm also sure the police and those who run prisons can see a lot of their jobs in part depends on drugs being illegal

snip

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

sonally I

hing, and I

witch-burning?

on and

ther stone-age

terial

ne is

d laity

dozens

over+...

e-Tri...

tite!

it came

lteachers,

, try

the red

icked from

nually,

more.

ight

and

re

of

1

or

If we were, the the guys at the police station didn't seem to realise it.

This is a point of view, but not one that is shared by the majority. Trying to enforce your point of view does more damage than that majority is prepared to tolerate. Jon Kirwan has elaborated the same argument vis-a-vis banning drugs.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

The classical muscle-car motto is, "there is no replacement for displacement."

Reply to
krw

I do believe that's the case. I've little doubt that keeping drugs illegal is an explicit goal -- even of some governments. The US gov't, in fact, shipped in cocaine as part of a way of bypassing the Boland amendments (which deeply restricted spending in Central America) by the Reagan administration (I don't blame Reagan so much as Bush, for this.) They sold advanced weapons to Iran (Iran-Contra), pillaged the banking system (savings and loan disaster) by changing the banking laws and then using that change to automate off-shore "loans", and then covertly brought in cocaine as a 3rd leg of their funding schemes.

Business does the same thing. To extract mineral resources, you need labor. To get labor cheaply, you need a dictator and an army and that requires weaponry and funds for that. Taxes alone just can't really cut it, so an illicit drug trade (with wealthier countries that can pony up the cash) supplements taxation and other means to supplying the weapons. The dictator then also either directly or indirectly supports the drug trade, since that is in part funding them.

It's a racket. The drug money funds the weapons, the weapons hold up dictatorships and oppression needed for extraction of resources -- a very profitable business model. People are simply an expendable commodity in all this. And laws are made severe so that prices are high and anyone who complains gets locked up or marginalized.

And the easy part of their jobs, as well. A marijuana stoner is probably the most peaceful and easily managed prisoner you could find. They are easy to arrest, too. They are easy targets.

What a racket. And people in the US are just sheep to be periodically sheered for it.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

Personally I

and I

witch-burning?

stone-age

laity

dozens

came

Church--schoolteachers,

red

from

continually,

Nope. It may be the majority in your area, never been to Australia. It is most certainly not the majority in our area. And that is a good thing.

I certainly understand his concerns. On the other hand I really don't want to ever see all the drug-caused damage again that I saw in NL.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

happens

and

breath.

FET

No, but you can lay on one, especially when you fall asleep at the helm!.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

[snip]

If you choose to live in Californica, you'll die in Californica due to its leftist ineptness.

[snip]

When my wife fell last year and crushed some vertebrae, it was around 2 minutes until the fire truck arrived, every man certified as a paramedic, with apologies that it would be a couple of minutes for the ambulance... "it's coming from 2 miles away". By the time they had tied her onto a back-board the ambulance was there.

And, even in the Q45, it was a chore for me to keep up on the trip to the hospital ;-) And I got to choose the hospital. ...Jim Thompson

[On the Road, in New York]

In the early 1970's Melbourne (perhaps when you were here?), one of these started going by the pseudonym Dr. John Heath, which is my father's name (and then, title). Dad is an orthodontist... but we got a number of very mysterious phone calls from people who wanted him, but wouldn't say why. We almost had to revert to a silent number.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath