Super duper hype fast FET driver?

OK, OK, you beat me to that one. Just because you're three time zones ahead.

John

If he can do a 2:1 or 3:1 transformer then he might be able to drive it all off one array, saving him the need for balanced anti-phase drive signals for a bridge.

Slower dv/dt that way, so maybe use something faster than ACT...

--James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

On a sunny day (Mon, 22 Aug 2011 14:15:24 -0500) it happened Vladimir Vassilevsky wrote in :

Dunno that word.

experience in side of them.

wars or whatever.

be understood,

No, you are wrong. Sure, we are constructed like an animal, and behave like one, but I am talking about [the capability] of understanding the self. Something not pushed forward or emphasised usually. Animals do not have, or practice, science either (leave out the ape using a stick etc). But maybe even those apes sometimes wonder what it is all about. But it is not about that, it is about *you* understanding how *you* operate, and doing something with that understanding.

western

created.

No, no way, you can be the richest man [or the most powerful man] in the world [1], and be unhappy, and you can be the poorest have nothing and be in bliss.

[1] I wanted to say look at Obama, and then why not, he has become totally frustrated.

So, then you, as a logical person who can do math and reasoning, must see that "happiness" is an internal process, not determined by *any* external process. Not to be confused with comfort, which is external accommodation of you physical needs. You can buy that, of fight for and win that [comfort], but even when you acquire it, you may still be an emotional unhappy shipwreck.

rules

Christ was showing was

It is worse, as it sort of is designed to keep people unhappy, so they will dance to the tune of the 'religious leaders', while in a non-religious society at least there will be more tolerance and openes to science (science is a thread to religions), Look how women are oppressed by Islam, how little kids are abused by the Catholic church, what they did to Galileo etc. Religions want to keep the people stupid, because if they were to become learned, then they would get rid of the religion and its leaders.

True

at the basis of it all.

OK, maybe you are stuck on the word 'divine experience', lets just call it 'bliss', I work better when I am happy. Clarity and love makes me more creative.

masses.

Yep, and democratically chosen by it leaders... LOL.

death,

True, but there is no doctrine for the human heart.

*You* have to understand *your* heart, that is all there is to it.

a:

bliss there, or at least it can be.

goto a

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

But Joerg, that isn't the only side. There are so many others, as well. Just to add some balance, I'll talk about a few.

The near trillion dollar a year business bribes everyone in our gov't systems. Corrupt police, corrupt judges, corrupt politicians, and a great deal of violence as well because there is no court system that can be used to adjudicate disputes. (So folks take 'justice' into their own hands, as there is no other option except walking away.)

The destruction caused to society is profound and spreads across every part of it. Our own US gov't was involved in transporting cocaine into the US under the Reagan/Bush administration as part of a larger plan to circumvent the Boland amendments. It was horrible what that did in our society. (If you need some names to look up, check up on Donald Gregg, the senior advisor to G Bush sr and a daily advisor to him; and Felix Rodriguez who met regularly with Donald ... as just a very tiny sampling.)

We _must_ be able to trust our police and judicial system, if it is to function well for all of us. You don't mention any of this. And it is a cost that is both personal to those who are dealt injustices by it as well as general.

And there is more. My daughter suffers from grand mal seizures. Just about had one today and I spent a large part of it holding her and helping her get through the risk. We have tried nearly every viable drug for controlling these seizures over the last 14 years. Many of them have serious side effects, such as significant enhancement of tooth and gum decay, listlessness and lack of life during the day, liver and kidney damage that can be measured by the year, profound and difficult personality changes, and other medical risks. Some years ago, our neurologist decided to have us try marijuana under the OMMP program and we measured the impact (we keep daily records.) It was promising. We went off of it, while trying still other drugs for a few years since. We've only just started returning to marijuana perhaps 6 months ago under the OMMP program in Oregon, when her seizures increased to a rate of one every 6-8 days. Over the last six months, we've experienced three seizure events. It was a sudden and dramatic reduction and we are as certain as one can be under the circumstances.

I cannot tell you how important this is in our lives. It affects everything about our ability to cope and deal with her seizures. And her personality has bloomed, as well. She is drawing pictures every day, attempting to talk more with us, and able to cope much better with the sounds that she is so sensitive to during each day (bird calls outside can drive her nuts, but do so much less now, for example.)

Time will tell us more. We are doing this entirely under the control of both our neurologist and our general practitioner

-- the first we've been working with since 2003 (8 years now) and the 2nd has been her doctor for almost 20 years. They know our situation as well as any professionals may. And they were taking care of her and trying to help us for many years before we decided to try this, so it's not only our own judgments here. It's the opinion of well trained professionals who have had long experience with our particular case and know where we have been over the years.

You may not appreciate just what this means. Our daughter broke six teeth in one event over the bathtub. Just one event. There were many others where she broke more in differing situations. She broke both her radius and ulna in another seizure. Clean through. She trapped an electric heater between her legs in another and in the few seconds it took for one of us to run down the hallway to get to her room, she suffered 3rd degree burns to her inner thighs. She will eventually die in one of these.. perhaps by falling through some plate glass.. perhaps by falling at the top of some stairway in some random moment we aren't immediately present and can grab her. Something will get her. And the more frequent the seizures, the more potential for that event happening sooner than later.

It makes a HUGE difference. And so far, it is the very best impact we've seen on her seizures. Others may have other experiences. But in her case, there is no longer much question that we are unaware of anything close to as good. And we've been through every appropriate drug on the list (large chart, large list, some not appropriate, but all appropriate ones tried by now.)

There _are_ medical uses. But we are at risk every single day because the Fed's consider it a crime. We are at risk every day because someone may decide to invade our home because of the black market. We are at risk for no good reason. Our doctors are monitoring our use, we keep daily records, and our federal system refuses to lower the classification so that properly compounded and controlled quantities can be prepared and used under medical supervision.

There are many sides. You don't have to believe or agree with any one part of it, but I think you need to understand that there is much damage done by an industry that is illegal and due to the huge moneys involved extremely corrupting at a variety of levels. (There is a set of Congressional testimony available in the Congressional Record, if you like, that would scare most people because of how pervasive and sweeping these effects were found to be during the Kerry 'drug hearings' in the late 1980's.) And it is very personal to me, as well, as it places my family at personal and continual risk and prevents my doctors from doing their job as they should be able to do it.

It means something to me. One day, some time back, my wife and I got to do one of the few 'dates' (maybe two a year, if we are lucky?) where we got to go together to the grocery store for some shopping and holding hands together. My oldest son stayed back to watch Athena. When we arrived back home, gone no longer than an hour, Becky wouldn't get out of the car. She just sat there. I said, "What's up?" She said, "You go in, see if she is still alive, and let me know."

That's what our life is like, Joerg. And we now have something that materially impacts that in our lives. You know me. I'm telling you. You need to understand the difference this makes in OUR lives, as well. Perhaps you need to hear a different story from someone else you know so that you can balance this a little better?

It's not just a little bit personal, Joerg. Just so you know.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

,

on

you

out

When were you in France?

So legalise the supply of soft drugs, and get it out of the hands of people who also want to supply hard drugs. Do you find teaser drugs in your beer or - if you smoke - your tobacco?

Or - come to think of it - your chocolate, your coffee, your tea or your ginger?

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

nally I

ng, and I

tch-burning?

and

er stone-age

rial

is

laity

ozens

er+...

Tri...

te!

t came

eachers,

try

he red

ked from

ally,

re.

ht

ou

Perhaps. But your moral objections won't stop it happening.

Australia is 35% catholic - mostly due to substantial Irish immigration in the 19th century - and abortion was entirely illegal when I was a university student, but easily available from properly trained medical practitioners, who really didn't want to have clean up after an abortion carried out by a less skilled and careful back- street abortionist, to whom the girsl would have turned if they couldn't have found anything better.

Unfortunately, part of the mix that made this possible were some significant bribes paid to senior police officers, and when this became known, the whole thing became subject to police investigation. One day, when I was having coffee with two female friends of mine - nice girls, but not of romantic interest to me - I had to make myself scarce when the some detectives came to interview one of them about a visit she'd made to one of the suspect gynacologists.

Common sense finally prevailed a few years later. Those people with moral objections to abortion were upset, but the rest of the population took a more realistic view.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Then you must have been in de drugs-scene :-) No-one I know directly or indirectly has died because of drugs.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

,

anymore.

that

..

Kepler deserves more credit but not until 1618, and it really took Newton's 1687 publication of his Principia Mathematica to make a more or less air-tight case. This doesn't do justice to Aristarchus of Samos who had the basic idea in the 3rd century BC.

And since you weren't around in 1610, the question of when you realised that the Sun was the earth's heat source remains moot. If you had been taught it at primary school, the article in The Onion shouldn't have come as a surprise to you, and you presumably wouldn't have seen any point in drawing it to the attention of the rest of us.

Galileo was a famous and much prized university professor with many rich and powerful friends. He had access to the best medical care that money could buy at that time. If you had read any of his biographies, you'd be aware his old age was plagued by a number of medical problems

- medical science wasn't all that advanced at the time and the help available wasn't particularly effective.

As has been pointed out elsewhere in this thread, the low average life expectancy at birth for that period was dominated by the high death rate in childhood. Once they'd survived the various childhood diseases many people lived to a ripe old age. Newton died at 82, Kepler at 58 and Aristarchus seems to have made it to 80.

It might be an idea if you put in some time learning how to do joined up logic.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

nally I

ng, and I

tch-burning?

and

er stone-age

rial

is

laity

ozens

er+...

Tri...

te!

t came

eachers,

try

he red

ked from

ally,

re.

ht

I doubt if you'd need it now. My wife and I both needed them in 1993 because we are Australian citizens, but one of my wife's English colleagues who moved to the Netherlands at the same time didn't have to bother.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Just out of personal interest: I guess you are against the death penalty as well?

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

test

or

use a

the next

:-)

shoestring

they're

That is very good for a first layout. Give her a raise :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

But ven you vant 2:1 dere iss more difficoolt.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Yeah, unfortunately the other side is unaccessible. Now a 1:2 transformer, that might be the ticket. Maybe I'll figure one out.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

1:1 trannies are really easy to make. Just one piece of micro-coax, a few turns on a ferrite toroid. The braid is the primary and the inner is the secondary. Very fast.

John

We've done 2:1, and it is a minor nuisance. Bridge driving ze 1:1 is better, economically.

John

One wee problem is that, while DC can be piped around it, transformers with ratios other than 1:1, 1:4 and so on are very diffuclt to make wideband.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Trust, yes, but one must remain watchful. I had an experience a few days ago that was disappointing. Called 911 because someone left two large dogs in a small car in the full sun. When the driver didn't return after

10mins and the dogs started to obviously suffer I called. The deputy came and qizzed me. How I could come to the conclusion that they suffer and so on. WHAT?

Jon, I don't have anything against a (very carefully) prescribed medical use. And I am sure it is a very valuable medicine in your daughter's case because only parents can really tell what works and what doesn't. There are lots of other drugs that are regularly used as hallucinogens illegally but have very legitimate med uses, such as Oxycontin. If a medical doctor and not some self-declared "practitioner" prescribes it, by all means. What I do not like and am squarely against is this: There was a pot fest somewhere near here. TV came, interviews. "Oh, the fenced in area is so people can get high" ... "But you need a medical permission to get in there, right?" ... "Oh, yeah, if you don't have one yet you go over there, talk to the people and then get it. Doesn't take long". That makes me sick.

But what really made me sad was what I saw while living in the Netherlands. You, promising people. Then one day I met them again and their brain was fried, permanently. Some could only babble, some could not talk at all anymore.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Normandy, rural area. In NL I lived in a rural and what I saw there sure was enough for me. Also, I spent a lot of time in Belgium and saw much less druggies who were eternally zonked out. In Scotland, none.

It's too late for drugs. It is the same thing every time with organized crime. Once some "market" is in their hands they won't let go. Alcohol never was in their hands in Europe. In the US it was, thanks to the prohibition, and sure enough it invited organized crime into the country which then never left.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

That's the thing, I never took any drugs nor was I in the scene. But I saw it every day, in the small town of Vaals in Zuid Limburg. And in Heerlen. And ...

The woman that wept a lot because her son (whom I knew) died from drugs. The guy who'd stare through you if you said "goede morgen". The guy in the space suit who cleaned street gutters all day long although they were clean. He couldn't talk at all anymore. Should I go on? This was back then a village of about 5000 people, so families knew each other quite well.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

and I

witch-burning?

stone-age

Then you may have been in the country illegally :-)

Yeah, let's leave it at that. To me abortion is killing a human being, plain and simple. Nobody can tell me "the child would have no future", because it would have.