Super duper hype fast FET driver?

"Nothing displaces displacement"

or, as the bikers say,

"74 cubes is 74 cubes."

John

I did that waayyy back. It's pretty impressive. One of the last bipolar variants (ABT?) (AS?) had a faster falling edge, but the pull up was absolutely pitiful.

I wonder if Joerg's whole ckt could be a bridged array of ACT244's, driving the load?

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

For one of them, sort of. I'll have to deal with droop but I'll get around that somehow. This is where good old LC networks come in and everyone in the design review goes "Eeuw!" :-)

Thanks, will try that tomorrow. Also Jim's suggestion about Supertex. For some reason only Arrow has Supertex but no stock. But they've got a whopping 291,000 of the NDC7002. That's a lotta reels. So I'll try Fairchild first because we have to be able to by it.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

ore.

That must have come as a revelation to James Arthur. Some of us had got that news earlier - in Tasmania they taught it in primary school - or did, back in the 1950s. Both my parents has science degrees, so they had let me in on the secret a little before the teacher told us the story in class.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Supertex MODEL was best... probably models all brands equally well. ...Jim Thompson

[On the Road, in New York]

ymore.

hat

Very nice. The rest of the world learned of it in 1610, from Galileo.

He lived to be 77, therefore they must've had a particularly excellent socialized health care system, right?

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

I am against forcing anybody into anything as it won't change anything. Even a successfull conversion to ateism can't help the case of schizophrenia; it is likely to make it worse.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

I think it was an ABT that we blew when we bootstrapped the ground of one device onto the tied outputs of another ... *POP* ... and a stench wafted through the lab.

Unfortunately not :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Ok, probably I'll try that tomorrow. Got the Fairchild model, which is nice because it's for the tiny SSOT-6 package. They require a form sheet request but the sender is a robot so I had it in 20sec.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

What I have observed is different.

Quote "The drug policy of the Netherlands is marked by its distinguishing between so called "soft" and "hard drugs"."

And that's exactly the problem. Dealers want to make money so they mix a teaser drug into soft drugs and ... kaboom, brain's almost fried. This is how a guy whom I knew died. Several others are permanently mentally disabled, and very seriously.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Hey Joerg,

Can you apply steps to opposite sides of the capacitive load? +6 step on one side, -6 on the other. Make those from a mess of ACTs or Tiny Logic chips. Maybe a little inductive peaking to spice things up.

Double the voltage! Cheap!

John

witch-burning?

stone-age

You still need the Vergunning to Verblijf, just like I did. That's what a Dutch couple that was here three weeks ago told me. They know that for a fact because one of them is from the EU but not a Dutch citizen.

Abortion is a service? You've got to be kidding. To me that's murder for hire.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

tky

th

? The

.

in

ach

ve

.

Hey, that's what I said! 'ACT244, in array--if he can bridge 'em, that'd be sweet.

--James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

D a r n. That's too bad.

--James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

test

or

use a

the next

:-)

shoestring

they're

This afternoon we first applied power to a laser controller that uses a 3250. The test LEDs (upper left) came up funny because they are connected to output-only ports (no tri-state) and various port bits power up high or low! Turns out that's in the fine print somewhere.

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/T940_first_board.jpg

The good news is that we loaded a never-before-run DRAM test, and it (and the DRAM!!! and all the power supplies!!!) works!!!

This is only 6 layers; I don't know how The Brat managed to pull that off.

John

Oh, just do that into a transformer then and you're done. 12v, hard, fast, galvanically isolated, and cheap. A custom transformer would allow voltage step-up, if you wanted.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

data

certainly

My Rigol is cool. It has variable digital lo/hi/bp filtering! And USB and memory stick ports, which the low-end Tek scopes don't have, at 3x the price.

John

That occurred to me, apparently some minutes after it occurred to you!

If he has access to both sides of his load, he can bridge-drive it from some arbitrary number of octal buffers. That should be very clean. And cheap; Joerg like cheap!

John

Hey, we saw that thing for a few minutes today! I think.

John

1:1 transmission-line transformer. Easy. Zere are treeks to make ze pulse tops really, really flat.

John