Simple way to bind wires, without ties

Kook-Fighting! Love it!

Actually, the OP has proven itself even more clueless than Always Wrong=20 Missing Prong. All we need is Phil to chime in with some down under=20 profanity.

Paul=20

Reply to
P E Schoen

This is a MIME-encoded message.

--==_=_====____40938.979029583321E7A189==

Providing a tool-free and tie-free method to easily bind wires is hardly "clueless". There are plenty of very experienced posters in this group. You might think that because none of them have heard of it, it must be a bad method. Nope. But that does suggest that my method is indeed novel.

An intelligent person might not be able to develop a better method, but he should at least be able to recognize a better method when he sees it. He should be able to see the benefit of using a simple and effective method for tying up wire, that does not require tools or ties.

Take a wire of whatever sort that is about 4 feet long. Fold it in half. Fold it in half again. Now it is 1 foot long. Grab both ends and tie an overhand knot. That's it. It stays stuck together in a much more compact and easy to manage form. The same method can be used for tying up the ends of wires that are currently being used (plugged in at both ends) by doing as described above with the folded excess wire.

That one is more to the point, but if it don't work...

--==_=_====____40938.979029583321E7A189== Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="tying cables.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQEAYABgAAD/4QAWRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAAAAAAAAD/

2wBDAAgGBgcGBQgHBwcJCQgKDBQNDAsLDBkSEw8UHRofHh0aHBwgJC4nICIs IxwcKDcpLDAxNDQ0Hyc5PTgyPC4zNDL/2wBDAQkJCQwLDBgNDRgyIRwhMjIy MjIyMjIyMjIyMjIyMjIyMjIyMjIyMjIyMjIyMjIyMjIyMjIyMjIyMjIyMjIy MjL/wAARCACUAKsDASIAAhEBAxEB/8QAHwAAAQUBAQEBAQEAAAAAAAAAAAEC AwQFBgcICQoL/8QAtRAAAgEDAwIEAwUFBAQAAAF9AQIDAAQRBRIhMUEGE1Fh ByJxFDKBkaEII0KxwRVS0fAkM2JyggkKFhcYGRolJicoKSo0NTY3ODk6Q0RF RkdISUpTVFVWV1hZWmNkZWZnaGlqc3R1dnd4eXqDhIWGh4iJipKTlJWWl5iZ mqKjpKWmp6ipqrKztLW2t7i5usLDxMXGx8jJytLT1NXW19jZ2uHi4+Tl5ufo 6erx8vP09fb3+Pn6/8QAHwEAAwEBAQEBAQEBAQAAAAAAAAECAwQFBgcICQoL /8QAtREAAgECBAQDBAcFBAQAAQJ3AAECAxEEBSExBhJBUQdhcRMiMoEIFEKR obHBCSMzUvAVYnLRChYkNOEl8RcYGRomJygpKjU2Nzg5OkNERUZHSElKU1RV VldYWVpjZGVmZ2hpanN0dXZ3eHl6goOEhYaHiImKkpOUlZaXmJmaoqOkpaan qKmqsrO0tba3uLm6wsPExcbHyMnK0tPU1dbX2Nna4uPk5ebn6Onq8vP09fb3 +Pn6/9oADAMBAAIRAxEAPwDUB5p+aro1P3UgJc0u7ioQaduJoAkV8mnnNVJr gW654zVB9dCttKUCNnqab1OM1mR6xGx54qVdQhYnmgC224E45pokPcc1CLyP PU05ZkfoaBEwcU4PntUWB1pDJt5PQUDJ9xNOBHaqn2tRnrUX9ohW24oGjQKi jaG4qn/aKqfmqaK7ikPDUgJzEp70ww+hqXIPINITQBC0bDpTNrA1YyRSfWgC IbhRuPpUwpMCgCgucU7NOppFUAoeneZgVFtqOQEDjmgRVvpRJJjPaue1VZop FdAxFatwSJmPSkMsbrtcj8aQzBivyGw/ArVt7uNwOaZNpcUh3AAg1AdLaLmN vwFIRqHdjdG+fakF8UbawKtVCJ7mE4aM49athFufvjDetAGjDeyAZPK0jXLz c5woNVh8q/Mdqr696hXzbhyqgrHnqKBliW9WNtqAsai+0TuciL9KkxBZrlyC fU1VfxDaxNjeBTAlNxMp+eI4+lSx3COfkJRvemxazBMFJ5B6GpHigugTGQje 1AFy0vniba53ZrVSQONwPFc1FMYJRDL+BrRtroCUDkLnHNAGtnkmnVET0xTt 1AD6KZmjNAisvXNKaaDgUZNMA7UxlyDT8568Uxj6UAZ9xb7uaz5bfBzW04zV OSPrzSApxyNGMN0qYOkg4NDRDHSomhB5BxQIdIrgDBzViNcKCwwe9VI0feFz kVZuXMcHPWkMgk3XdwEX7i9aW8vY7KHavGKch+zWxc/ebmuZv2murj5fug0D I7yW/vSCv3D2pkQitT++jIJ71fgkeMANH+VaKLDdR7XVT7YoArQXluEACrit KO6twud3FY9z4eKP51uxI7rmpYdPLxjEhBHagDVlhW7TKP8AMOh9KW3V04cn IFUMTWxBOceorQjuRIoDDH+0KANu0kEkAyeR1qdelZ1i4SQoeh71fHFMCTNG ab2pM0CKu40FmowM0vFADC5HWk305wCBTcUgGFsmoX5NWCophUHtTArmo2UY NWWjqIrzigCGAZlAz0qO8/eXaRZp8YxMaiQh9QyR0oAj1InaI1PbFZUMckDk vhhWjfNmYiqLOwJ5oGTwSJI3zce1WWtMrvgOGrMLAnPf2q1BcvDj5iQaQF62 uXQ+VOMEd/WpJrcOvmRcNSRNHdoFbrTo2a3l8tjlfU9qAGwOJCY5l+b0ps8B gO9PudxTryE/66P746mpYJluoeevQimBPEcxApzjkGtGGTzIw1ZNqfJlMR6H pVuJzHIYx9RSQGhu4pariQkdKXe3pTERZozTM0uaAHZoxSZozQAGmd6cTTaL ANY1E3FSPxULng0ARRYMzZqvDxfsO9SxsBNz3qvcSC3v0c9DxQAy6Xdc1XeE E4qxeHFwj9jTiM4oApGAA9KYVK9BmrrjJxUTJjgUgGQyGJ1Yde4rXXZdQ9fm rHI+bGKsWFyY7jY3SgZft5DuMEn0qtGptb5oz91zkVZu1KMso7GodQU/uZ/Q 80xFqUAhXXqKmibNwrN6VFjdag+1ELbmXPUUAaihafgVXRsjFTg8UAUwaM03 NL6UDHZpc03vTqAA02nGmmmA1hmoJBwamOe1QyZwaBFNhtlU9qh1WMyRo69j nNTy/d96Vz51qV74oArzJ5tojjlgKigmyNrdRT7KVSr27nBGaqTxmKfA6dqQ Fw55pqKXOAPxp1sryf6zgVMHVMpGMn1oAieIR54y1QPD5LpK3BJq+sYjG5zk msbVbxnnhSIZG8Z/OkM6K4Ae1+oqreEto5bvtq2//Hkv0qjdSBNMCH+LigRc gb/QwPYUy3OJKWIbbQfSktuWzTA0EOKlD8VAtSDpQBAOTTqYDTgaAHCnUynZ oAWjFJmjNADWAqMgc5qQketMbGKAKU6/3agiYo5B6GrchHc1X8gN8xOMUDKN 1bSG6SSDr3q6URQGmwWAqO5u44F4qhG8+oykLlEFAi41y1w/lQDjvVuONIFz 3I5qONYrWPJxkdTVd5ZLttsfCetADpZ2nfZGcgdarG2X7Wijkk5NXCkdtFu9 OvvTbKLezTtxnpQM0bhgtuq1lzjzpkhHRTyKnvrkLgA5PYCm2kW1fMc/Meea BFuRtsQTFPhAGCBiq4kDycHNXIhhRQBZXtT8CmKwAp+aAKmcClU0xeaeBigB 2aAaZmgGgCTOaDUbSqo5NQPdAKcUATlwAeaiabtVKW5CDLNVOW/LcRg0AXp7 iOPlmqlNfSSZES0xLWS4bdIavRwRwLkigZSg043DebcMQPSrpkitI+wAqtd6 kkHCjOeBiq9tDLdSGSY5jPQGlcRKN967BsiL19auuUghG3AAFNZkhXCAAAVk z33nOU2naKYFvc95LtPEYq3JcLbx7Ae2AKzo5ZWjxEmD0zSR2E8shMjk0DJI mVpPMlbnsKt7ncYX7tMj0wk/Mc1ox2+0BaBENpb7Tk9a0QvGKbHDhqsqlAEe 2nc1JsxS7RQBRXgUuaj3YprygKT6CgB7yKo5NVJLsnpwKqNcmVjgjFReTLIT hsUgJJbxV75qq11JMdsYNTrp4By5zViOKOMYVRmgCpHZyN80h/CrUduicgCp c9qQA9qYAWI4HFITkYbmg8daFOwZNICBdOQS+a3IPY1IzBTtHAq1u/d5FUJe WpAIzbwV9sU6K1TAJUCnxR55Aq7HGcU0A2KFQvAzVmOMEdKaMrwBUyAgUwHp GMmniIZzihWwelSA5NAAox2pwOaM+9LQAUUUcUAZDGoZidpHtRRQBkMdr4Hr UolZRkUUUmBLA7M5yatjoaKKQBSnoaKKYEYNIx4oooAmTmLmqY/1poopAXIe lWh0oopoCRakFFFMCTvSjrRRQA6nL0oooAWiiigD/9m=

--==_=_====____40938.979029583321E7A189==--

Reply to
John Doe

This is a MIME-encoded message.

--==_=_====____40938.98662922455E0B2157==

My method is not about tying wire into an overhand knot. If you do not first fold the wire into a short enough length, tying wire into an overhand knot is useless.

If you think my method is not original, cite a legitimate prior disclosure.

If you think it's not useful because so many old-timers have never seen it, wrong again.

--==_=_====____40938.98662922455E0B2157== Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="tying cables.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

[...]

--==_=_====____40938.98662922455E0B2157==--

Reply to
John Doe

news.astraweb.com!border6.newsrouter.astraweb.com!news.glorb.com!aioe.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail

Reply to
John Doe

GO AWAY, you little 7 year old mentality CHILD!

GO AWAY, CHILD!

Reply to
scorpius

news.astraweb.com!border6.newsrouter.astraweb.com!news.glorb.com!feeder.erje.net!news2.arglkargh.de!news.mixmin.net!aioe.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail

Reply to
John Doe

news.astraweb.com!border6.newsrouter.astraweb.com!feed.news.qwest.net!mpls-nntp-06.inet.qwest.net!feeder.erje.net!news.mb-net.net!open-news-network.org!aioe.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail

Reply to
John Doe

Reply to
BarnCat

Nym-shifting changes subject line See also: BarnCat wrote: Hellequin Numer0 Un0 Pueblo Dancer scorpius UltimatePatriot wrote: ...and counting

news.astraweb.com!border6.newsrouter.astraweb.com!mpls-nntp-01.inet.qwest.net!feed.news.qwest.net!mpls-nntp-07.inet.qwest.net!feeder.erje.net!de-l.enfer-du-nord.net!feeder2.enfer-du-nord.net!gegeweb.org!aioe.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail

Reply to
John Doe

Kinked :( That would be ugly hanging from the wall warts in my kitchen. I straighten every fold and kink in mouse and keyboard cords. I also flattened out all the creases in my pc's IDE ribbon cables.

Reply to
beryl

Not necessarily. Yes, you cannot have a symmetrical wind because the cables are intertwined, but you still can bind them neatly.

Wall wart cables are the worst.

No keyboard or mouse cords here.

I did that, when I had IDE cables. I used to remove every little crease. And I shortened them. And removed unnecessary headers. I was meticulous when it came to PC wiring. Currently, I am not as involved with PC hardware stuff. But I still unwind wound power cables. Before cordless, I always made sure that telephone handset cords were correctly unwound. Usually noticed other peoples telephone cords wound up.

I don't suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) as much nowadays.

Reply to
John Doe

But still enough to annoy the hell out of most everyone here. Perhaps = your=20 statement above explains much. Plus you seem to be getting what you = crave: a=20 lot of attention. Even if it's bad, it's still attention. When a dog=20 constantly begs, paws, and barks for attention, even if you yell at him, =

it's better than being ignored, so he is positively reinforced to = continue=20 his annoying behavior. So, you sure are getting it here. But respect, = heh,=20 not so much...

Bye!

Paul=20

Reply to
P E Schoen

This is either the most brilliant troll ever or we've found the greatest waste of oxygen on the planet. I can't decide which.

Either way, it's not worth replying any more but thanks for the laughs.

Reply to
fungus

Oh wait, I can decide. "John Doe" knows far too much about Usenet to be the clueless numpty he's pretending to be.

His editing of followups, etc., gives him away.

Reply to
fungus

His Breidbart Index is more than likely over 20 by now, why don't you report him to Astraweb instead of raving at him like the nutter that you are?

Reply to
JW

You are a true and complete idiot, if you cut headers off IDE cables.

Reply to
MrTallyman

The idiot won't get it. You have been placed onto the "poster with too much ego" shelf by the OCD retard.

If the little bastard has an age that conforms to what society refers to as "adult", then he should match it with actual mature behavior.

Currently, he is a pathetic, immature, top-posting, group disrupting SPAM troll.

If he is an adult aged person, his father should take him out back and shoot the retarded f*ck.

Reply to
MassiveProng

See also Google Groups

news.astraweb.com!border6.newsrouter.astraweb.com!news.glorb.com!postnews.google.com!c21g2000yqi.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail

GMT)

posting-account=gLolegoAAAC00kFSw5zQA_tVgjwJpNvY

Firefox/9.0.1,gzip(gfe)

Reply to
John Doe

news.astraweb.com!border6.newsrouter.astraweb.com!npeer02.iad.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!newsfeed1.swip.net!news.astraweb.com!border6.a.newsrouter.astraweb.com!not-for-mail

cL?CJ0>kX`j^AO7l;Pia8Vd=ZX]`9dD28YWko5XfjWVT^4iU[Jbj

Reply to
John Doe

I don't nym-shift, so you don't have to be annoyed unless you want to be annoyed.

Nobody forces anybody else to do anything on UseNet. Your mother should have taught you self-control.

Most of it coming from one of this group's most active nym-shifting trolls.

I enthusiastically treat barking dogs as if they are friends. It's simple psychology that works wonders on ordinary dogs.

Apparently you don't know anything about handling dogs, either.

In fact, there are lot of old people in here who apparently have never seen my method. The silence from them says a lot of good stuff (me knowing that the method is a good one). But a troll doesn't see it from my perspective.

Until the next time you feel like trolling...

--

> Paul

> From: "P E Schoen"
> Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics