porting bind-8.2.3 on ARM7

Hello, All!

Did anybody try to compile bind-8.2.3 for ARM7 target? I was able to compile
only library libbind.a (although it took some efforts), but nevertheless I
can't use this library properly. For example, if I link it with my
application, I get the error like this:

/ext/mrv/my_local/usr/local/bind/lib/libbind_arm.a(res_send.o): In function
`send_dg':
/ext/mrv/wrk/dhis/bind/src/lib/resolv/res_send.c:705: undefined reference to
`pselect'
/ext/mrv/my_local/usr/local/bind/lib/libbind_arm.a(eventlib.o): In function
`__evGetNext':
/ext/mrv/wrk/dhis/bind/src/lib/isc/eventlib.c:303: undefined reference to
`pselect'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Seems the problem is in 'pselect' behavior on target platfrom (i.e. ARM).
Does anybody can give some clue.

Thanks.

With best regards, Roman Mashak.  E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@tusur.ru

Re: porting bind-8.2.3 on ARM7

It seems that you do not have the library with
the function pselect() in your target.

IIRC, pselect() is a POSIX function, not in the most
basic of C runtime libraries.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Re: porting bind-8.2.3 on ARM7
Hello, Tauno!
You wrote  on Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:27:28 GMT:

 ??>> `pselect' /ext/mrv/my_local/usr/local/bind/lib/libbind_arm.a(eventlib.
 ??>> o): In function
 ??>> `__evGetNext': /ext/mrv/wrk/dhis/bind/src/lib/isc/eventlib.c:303:
 ??>> undefined reference to `pselect' collect2: ld returned 1 exit
 ??>> status Seems the problem is in 'pselect' behavior on target platfrom
 ??>> (i.e. ARM). Does anybody can give some clue.

 TV> It seems that you do not have the library with
 TV> the function pselect() in your target.

 TV> IIRC, pselect() is a POSIX function, not in the most
 TV> basic of C runtime libraries.
Can you recommend some libraries having support for this function? I checked
uclibc and newlib - they have some mentions of 'pselect/select'
implementations....

With best regards, Roman Mashak.  E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@tusur.ru

Re: porting bind-8.2.3 on ARM7

I checked my copy of newlib sources. There is only a module
for select(). The manpage says that the function pselect()
is in glibc2 (the full-size Linux C runtime), and that it
is not completely implemented as for the signal race.

You could try get the glibc2 source of the function
and add it to your code as a separate module.

HTH

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Re: porting bind-8.2.3 on ARM7
Hello, Tauno!
You wrote  on Fri, 15 Jul 2005 06:54:23 GMT:

 ??>> Can you recommend some libraries having support for this function? I
 ??>> checked uclibc and newlib - they have some mentions of
 ??>> 'pselect/select' implementations....

 TV> I checked my copy of newlib sources. There is only a module
 TV> for select(). The manpage says that the function pselect()
 TV> is in glibc2 (the full-size Linux C runtime), and that it
 TV> is not completely implemented as for the signal race.

 TV> You could try get the glibc2 source of the function
 TV> and add it to your code as a separate module.
That sounds reasonable. But I'm afraid it's not the all. In case if I will
port bind9, I should also compile a few libraries (that are linked to bind)
with arm-compiler, and it will cause new problems.

Anyway thank you for your advice.

With best regards, Roman Mashak.  E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@tusur.ru

Site Timeline