Any way to charge a BL-5C battery without the phone?

I have a Nokia 3650 cell phone which takes a BL-5C battery. The battery charges inside the phone. The charging module on the phone went bad, so a cell phone repair place ordered one and will install it when they hopefully receive it in a few days. In the meantime, I have no way to charge the battery to use my phone until I get it fixed. Can I alligator clip the wires from a DC power adaptor (wall wart) to the terminals of the battery after cutting off the adaptor on the end? What voltage/amps would I use (give me a range if possible) and it looks like there's three terminals on the battery, but which are positive and which negative? How long to charge? The battery says 3.7 Vlots Li-ion, made by Nokia. It doesn't say amps but I think it's rated for 850 milliamp hours?I'm guessing the battery is about 1.5 by .75 inches, and very thin. I have some pics of the battery here, they're a bit blurry as the camera phone isn't good at close shots:

Thanks very much,

Dan

Reply to
Danny Kewl

I wouldn't mess around trying to charge the thing out of the phone unless you know what you're doing, and use the proper supply.

OTOH, there are external chargers available for most Nokia phones. Check your local home electronics supplier (or perhaps Wal Mart...I've bought them there....).

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

Why not get the proper external charger for your phone battery?

DO NOT mess around with the battery from your phone. It can easily be damaged, by not charging it in the proper current window, with the proper control over the charge rate. Over charging this type of battery, can also lead to it to explode. Besides, if you ruin the battery, the cost of it is fairly expensive!

--

JANA _____

Thanks very much,

Dan