See Bill Sloman, as I stated South of France being radioactive does not bother the French anymore, it is normal.

Out here it's rattlesnakes and brown recluses.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

OK. I have had a jones for "kippered herring" at times in my life. I would really like to understand the difference, if any.

Reply to
JosephKK

Strange, 1 million rounds is far to low total rounds expended. Yet 1 million rounds of depleted Uranium sounds absurdly high. The stuff is a real drag to make, and is really only a byproduct of making fuel grade (and higher grades of) Uranium. Moreover, it is best used as anti-armor class weapons, a limited use.

Reply to
JosephKK

The numbers came from an article in "The Sunday Herald" (Scotland), published on March 30th, 2003. I'm in no position to argue with them, but you may be. I agree with your point about anti-armor, by the way. That's the main motivation, from my own recollections from years back.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

(or

compared

yearly

Similar to what i found, but even lower on the chemical toxicity for DU. One major difference seems to be that DU does not seem to be bioaccumulative, like lead, PCBs, mercury,and many others.

Reply to
JosephKK

No, man beat them out with PCBs. (that is poly chlorinated bi-phenyls)

Reply to
JosephKK

OK, looking through the links. I will see what i can learn.

Reply to
JosephKK

On a sunny day (Fri, 11 Jul 2008 22:22:05 -0700) it happened JosephKK wrote in :

Kippered is sort of smoked right? I like them raw, with onions, in this time of year we have 'new herring' here, freshly catched. Ever since I was a little kid I liked those herrings.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

PCBs are positively nutritious compared to botox or tetanus toxin. And aflatoxin, from a common peanut mold, is far more carcinogenic than plutonium.

John

I don't remember any smokiness in kippers. I like most sea food, no anchovies though.

Herring really fresh with onions; remands me of a "cannibal" sandwich, fresh beef patty, equally thick slice of onion, on rye; condiments like mustard etc., optional.

Reply to
JosephKK

Really? Prettyness doctors advertise doing botox injections.

Reply to
JosephKK

The amounts used are minute.

"It is possibly the most acutely toxic substance known, with a median lethal dose of about 1 ng/kg[3], meaning that a few hundred grams could theoretically kill every human on earth (for perspective, the rat poison strychnine, often described as highly toxic, has an LD50 of

1,000,000 ng/kg, and would thus take about six metric tons to kill every human).

It is also remarkably easy to come by: Clostridium spores are found in soil practically all over the earth."

The standard 100 unit vial, as used for inter-muscular injection, contains about 5 nanograms of toxin. One unit is one LD50 rat dose.

John

ger

Botox "works" by killing off muscle cells near injection site. As a result, the victims end up with curiously unique facial expressions. Reminds me of novocaine paralysis, except it is more or less permanent, until the body "heals" the injury.

Reply to
Richard Henry

No. It's a neurotoxin, and a temporary one at that.

John

Eventually, he'll have everybody blocked, and can pass the time having conversations with his ego. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria