See Bill Sloman, as I stated South of France being radioactive does not bother the French anymore, it is normal.

rkin

q.

ve

But Jim, *that* nuclear material was old (pre-GW1) stuff. It wasn't=20 nearly as dangerous in Saddam's hands as *new* WMDs that "weren't=20 found".

--=20 Keith

Reply to
krw

On a web page I have pictures of molten potassium chloride, which has a high vapor pressure -- in other words, I'm breathing some KCl aerosol in the room. I joke that "I'm a little more radioactive for it" (since K40 is a small part of natural potassium).

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Just drink some milk. That's about 2000 pico Curies per liter.

Here's a spreadsheet with foods that contain Potassium 40.

Yummmm.... The good news is that the body does a good job of keeping total potassium levels fairly constant. Therefore, overdosing on potassium rich foods, that happen to have some small percentage of radioactive K-40, isn't going to increase the overall radioactive exposure.

Also, next time you're at the farm supply store, the high potassium fertilizer is probably fairly radioactive.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

On a sunny day (Wed, 09 Jul 2008 12:24:46 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

No John, not intended to offend you, 'U' was supposed to be 'US'. Difficult typing on a small eeepc keyboard in the middle of wherever....

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Wed, 09 Jul 2008 18:40:55 -0700) it happened Jim Thompson wrote in :

I think it was for processing and then export to the US.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Wed, 09 Jul 2008 12:41:39 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Oh yes.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

That's equally offensive.

John

igh

Or just eat a banana.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Jan IS offensive. That's why I've kill-filed him.

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Due to excessive spam, gmail, googlegroups, UAR, and AIOE blocked!

And besides, if something does "radiate for millions of year[SIC]", it can't be "radiating" very damn much!

Hell, if it was, why not just capture that free energy forever?

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Somebody talked me into eating some pickled herring once - I was afraid it would be like sweet gherkins (which I can't stand), but it was "pickled" in brine.

It was delicious, and had a really meaty mouthfeel. I liked it. :-)

And small herring are sometimes packaged as sardines, which I also like with cheese and crackers or pretzels. Yum!

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

No, he said "topsoil", which can be anywhere from 2 to 24 or more inches thick. ;-)

Here's just one example:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Koltner"

message

killed (or

compared

yearly

Bopal,

Only if you've got the clan colors and kilt at home and wear the kilt on proper occasions. Oh, and consume haggis on a regular basis.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

On a sunny day (Thu, 10 Jul 2008 08:50:24 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

'US' as in 'United States'. If that still offends you, then perhaps you were brought up saluting a flag, I dunno. But in my view bombing innocent civilians ( I am sure many did not even know where US was, vote for Saddam, or even have political interests), killing those people, and destroying a whole country, just so the price of oil stays high, and the multinationals can now grab it, IS a war crime.

However the right of the strongest applies, the native Americans were genosided (word??) away too. The winner writes history, self justification, the winner is right, and says so, by default.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:37:55 -0700) it happened Jim Thompson wrote in :

The moron will possibly one day kill file himself. He still seems to lurk on my texts though.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Yes (*)

No ;-)

I love Haggis!

(*) Two brothers MacTavish came over on the 1607 boat and settled what is now Culpeper, VA.

Due to British anti-Scot sentiment, changed name to Thompson (which was actually a sub-clan name).

You can view this history at a Scottish shop in Williamsburg, VA, where we bought the kilt and matching ties 15 years ago... while heading back from Germany going to my 35th HS reunion in WV... 50th in August ;-)

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Due to excessive spam, gmail, googlegroups, UAR, and AIOE blocked!

More Eurosheep Bullshit.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming' sheep.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If you don't eat the haggis, it'll eat you! Kind of like in the movie, "The Blob!" ;-)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth\'s aluminum foil beanie for the \'global warming\'
sheep.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It's good stuff ;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Due to excessive spam, gmail, googlegroups, UAR, and AIOE blocked!

Jan Panteltje is your typical bastard-family-tree Europeon anti-Semitic while claiming otherwise. In other words a lot like Slowman, but even more ignorant.

I ignore him completely... please do likewise.