Re: Which university produces good analog EEs?

For faster stuff I often use NTSC color carrier crystals but I guess that

> party is going to be over when the US goes digital.

The party just moved to other frequencies, such as 12.8MHz which is used in a bazillion PLL-based RF synthesizers in cell phones. AFAIK, it's about the cheapest way to get a 2.5PPM crystal (in small quantities).

Darn, I though it'd last until I retire.

I suspect that the likes of All Electronics will have them for at least another decade. When are you retiring? :-)

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Aha! Thanks, that will be entered into the local wiki file this instant.

Oh, 10-15 years from now I want to slow down and start doing other stuff, more in the direction of church and volunteering. But I don't think I'll ever stop with electronics until I croak.

For my designs stuff has to be available at the mainstream distributors and manufacturers. So if the client's purchasers ask for half a million parts they should not hear a thud at the other end of the phone line.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to